• Register Today It's free!

94 Limited Axle Swap

GetDome

Reaction score
City, State
Center Harbor NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ford Explorer Limited
What do you think would be the easiest axle swap to do in my 94 limited would be?
older d44? like B2

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you think would be the easiest axle swap to do in my 94 limited would be?
older d44? like B2

If you can find one for a decent price, an Early Bronco D44 is the perfect width. That is what I am in the process of doing to mine and that is what I have seen many people do.

B2 did have solid axles. Easiest is an early Bronco or full size Dana 44.

I've done a D30 out of a Jeep on a 99 explorer and it was great regardless of what all the haters say. Now I'm doing another D30 in a 93 limited with EB radius arms and coils... Way easy same width and bolt pattern... In my mind unless you drive like an ass hat will be just fine... And CHEEP!!!

Cheers R...

The good part about using a Early Bronco D44 radius arms setup is that so many people here have already done it and it works. Nearly bolt on with the James Duff aftermarket SAS parts. I went with a high pinyon D44 out of a 76 F-150 and cut it down to early Bronco width. Used as many parts as I could off the donor axle.

Back