• Register Today It's free!

94 limited build

Spicycook

Reaction score
City, State
Kennesaw ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 limited
I decided to start a build thread and list all the costs to date.

I still have no name for her yet, But i think I got a semi unique idea for it's design.

94 limited( with bad passenger side bearings) $200 + a 1980 bmw with a blown transmission.

NppX9.jpg

It looks like everything on this is factory issue.

$160 to replace the rotors brake pads and calipers on the front disk brakes.

$70 f150 leaf springs

$65 front coils from LBarr2002

$13 rattle can paint job for the red door.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Future plans:

Fan blade and clutch---done
trans flush----done
fuel filter---done
oil change----done
serpentine belt---done
Radiator clean out---done
Head lights-----done
New bumpers---done

2nd gen 4.10 rear end

trans filter

Cat converter

Spark plugs and wire set

replace current trans cooler for a larger one

Alternator HO

New battery

Longer battery cables

Front knuckle swap

Rear locker

Warrior Shackles

F150 coil seats

F250 shock mounts.

New shocks

Air intake

Front driver and passenger window motor and door locks (price check, maybe just new doors?)

front seats from a 2nd gen

15x8

32's

roof rack

nice plans. Stickin with a 2" lift? those bumpers will probably negate some of that and lower your truck.

I'm still debating, but I do want to go a little higher to compensate for the bumper weight.

I think that will make her a good trail vehicle for when I go camping/shooting as well as still being road worthy enough mpg wise when I need a dd or towing.

So I needed to replace the brakes on my ex, they were looking worn down and the fluid looked way to dark. I think when i took it in to get it's oil changed by a "walmart pro" they thought my master brake cylinder was something else.

Here's what came out of my lines.

Kj15M.jpg

The lines have now been flushed and new fluid put in.

Do you guys know about how much those bumpers weigh?

Also spicy.....what year f150 did you snag those leafs from?

Took a trip up to Kentucky and back in one day. I got pretty decent mileage going 65-70 with cruise control I got roughly 20mpg. Over all pretty impressed with the mileage.

My city mileage still sucks but that could be the 1/2 hour or more I have to spend circling parking decks on campus to find a spot.

Got some new bumpers to put on and then re-check my suspension and see how much of a change it made and then get that alignment I've been putting off done. alignment done.

Also the truck has now been painted so I no longer have the red and green look.
once the bumpers are painted I'll put them on and take some pics.

edit:

No noticeable difference in lift on the front end.

pics

xL0ai.jpg

FQhki.jpg

So over the past few months I've been having issues with vibration while driving. After trying several different things it has turned out to be the roof rack. After removing the rear cross member the vibration has been reduced by 75%. Once I get the camber on my wheels adjusted I figure it should almost disappear.

It's a sad day for my explorer. She started having loss of power in the middle of stop and go traffic and discovered she was bleeding transmission fluid all over 75N. Was able to pulled over though and get it towed home. I'll have to check when it's light out and see what happened. Crossing fingers hoping it's just a blown seal or hose.

If not I may have to sell off my jamscal bumpers to pay for a new transmission.

That bites man, sorry. Happened to me too a while back, 5 speed though.

Modulator valve bad, check the vacuum line coming up from the trans?

Ouch! I'm so sorry, any news yet?

Kinda, haven't had much chance to look it over yet but the fluid that came out was still nice and red. No burnt smell and the loss of acceleration was rather sudden with no standard signs of transmission failure.

This morning before work I added two quarts to see if would leak via gravity on to cardboard while I was gone. But the cardboard was clean when I got home.

So I'm hoping at this point that It will be something cheaper than a new transmission.

My dad will be coming down Saturday and I'll have a set of eyes on the engine when I start it and move through the gears to see if we can locate the source of the leak since it only seems to appear while running.

I Would like to Have your Front if you decide to sell , I'm In Ga and can pick up too , Also any other explorer related parts and Etc If You do not want or need Ill Take ! , Good Luck With The Trans , I have Had a Hard Time With 2 Going Bad On My Navajo !

Check the vacuum line for ATF in it. The modulator valve is a well know part to fail and cause a leak or have ATF pulled into the engine. Check it, it's easy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I Would like to Have your Front if you decide to sell , I'm In Ga and can pick up too , Also any other explorer related parts and Etc If You do not want or need Ill Take ! , Good Luck With The Trans , I have Had a Hard Time With 2 Going Bad On My Navajo !

I have a front passenger door just lying around. It's in good condition except for the missing wiring harness for all the auto features.

Back