• Register Today It's free!

94 rotor change?

rjmarried

Reaction score
City, State
seattle, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer 4x4
I am currently trying to do my own brakes and when we pulled the tire off noticed a hub that has to come off before the rotor can be pulled off. Dad's been workin on fords for a while but not sure how to take this off. Any info on how to changed the rotor with directions starting just after the wheel comes off is greatly appreciated.

Just did my rotors, A Hynes manual help out a great deal with this. Then took them to autozone to have them turned, just remember don't take out the bearing races they need to be in to have them turned. I would repack my bearings while they are out too.

Welcome to the site!! After you take the wheel off pull the hub off. Then remove the caliper. Remove the snap ring, axleshaft spacer, cam assembly,2 spacers, locking key (you will need a pencil magnet), wheel bearing adjusting nut. Thats the basics of it, a manual will help a great deal. Also do one side at a time. Hope that helps.

also will want a special socket for the type of hub you have... it will help out a lot.... the manual one has 4 prongs on it and the auto hub socket is really big like a nut.... you can redo them without the socket by using a hammer and a flat screwdriver/chisel, but the special hub socket helps out so much

Back