94 sploder need radius arm HEEELLLP!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 sploder need radius arm HEEELLLP!!!

im doing an early bronc d44 with early bronc 5.5" superflex coils. im going cheap with this project for now but what can i do for radius arms? right now i have the stock bronco rad arms, but do i need to do drop down brackets for them or what. and/or iff i do extended arms with tubing 1 5/8" where can i get 1" hiems for cheap, and weld in bungs for for 1" heims for 1 5/8 tubing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would say do a wristed arm with the stock radius arm for nw and don't do drop down mounts cause they'll be a vulnerable spot for rocks and other trail obstacles.

I would say do a wristed arm with the stock radius arm for nw and don't do drop down mounts cause they'll be a vulnerable spot for rocks and other trail obstacles.

what do you mean by wristed? picture?

This is a wristed RA
wristedarm-bent.jpg

I'll be using the same thing on mine.

I'm using 3.5" eb coils on my swap and have mounted the ra's 2"s lower than the frame. I did this because the ra mount/crossmember was easier to build, and it got my ra's nearly level for better castor and movement.

If your looking to extend your D44 arms and use heims then check out Stone Crusher Steering

DSCN0892.jpg

I got my extensions and heims from them. I forget the heim part number, but i remember that when i looked it up it was pretty beefy. Made by FK I believe and are 3/4" x 3/4".

Also, if you are extending your arms, then you shouldn't need the RA drops. The drops are used to alleviate the angle cause by losts of lift and the stock arms.

The stock bronco arms are the same length as the extended ttb lift arms. If you can find a ttb skyjacker cross member, you could use that to mount the arms, unless you are moving the axle forward. I also have the wristed arm.

Here is the Skyjacker x-member.

RAXMember1.jpg

You can see the wristed arm here too.

RAXMember.jpg

Back