94 Sport Full Width Dana 44 and 9 inch | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Sport Full Width Dana 44 and 9 inch

Ok it's finally looking like something. This thing should be complete by the end of next week, so I am posting this in the registry instead of the projects section, I hope that's OK with everyone.

Front:Full width Dana 44 from a 78 Bronc with 4.88s and a Lock Rite
Wild horses coils, custom drag link and radius arms. Bronco buckets and stock track bar.

Rear: Full width Ford 9 inch, with 4.88s and a EZ Locker, stock springs and 4 inch blocks.

No cutting down here. There are pizza cutters on her right now, but I'm picking up the 35' Muds tomorrow.
(dead links)
Thanks for looking!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yeah man, I'm getting my shocks next week, then I'll just need a front driveshaft. I'm actually planning a trip to Table Mesa in Feb. What part of WI are you from? I lived in Madison for a couple years.

Wow that thing is going to wheel....Sports are awesome!!

Nice work!!

What lockers are you running?

EZ locker in the rear and Lockright in the front. IMO the Lock Right is made better, it is definatley quiter than the EZ locker. The only experience I have is with this truck though. The rear "snaps" pretty loudly and the front is a much softer "click"

Sweet!!!!!

REALLY NICE :D Congrats on completing it.

Hopefully mine will look like that by the end of this year ;)

Good luck on your conversion, just when you think you're done, you remember a bunch of other stuff to buy/install/fabricate, etc...

28932DSC05944-med.jpg

Why did you decide to go with blocks in the rear? because they were free?

So I could fit/tuck 35s w/o cutting. and later for 37s :D
I also wanted to keep the stock ex leaves because they flex great-as you can see

your sport looks great man... i cant wait till i get my dana 44 for my sas and do my soa at the same time...

What are you using for front shock mounts??

Damn, that looks great. I'm diggin those super clean welds. Nice work.

Nicely Done...

Excellent mod... :eek:

nice X you got there svande

What brand of 37's would you plan on running? I'm pretty sure 37" BFG muds are only made for 17" rims.

hey i am lookin to do the same thing with my 91 as wat you did, but how did you space out your spring buckets?? wat did you have to fab yourself??

svande8952 said:
No, I turned the pads in that the springs sit on. Then I relocated the holes so I would have 2 hold down bolts for the spring. I also welded the pad to the rear part of the radius arm for extra strength.
again

OMG that's so sick!!!!!!!!! I'm jelious! :(

Shock mount pics. The front is first. I used 2x2 heavy wall tube for the 'hoop'. I had to cut the inner fender well to fit the shock since these are mono tube, the collapsed length is a little longer than a similar travel dual tube. Like a rancho. For the tabs I cut the tabs off the stock leaf plate from the rear and welded them to the 'hoop'

The second and third are the rear. I used the stock upper mount and I welded tabs on for the lower. I kept them above the bottom of the axle so they would not get beat while wheeling.

Attachments

• DSC01163.JPG
    DSC01163.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,591
  • DSC01159.JPG
    DSC01159.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 3,811
  • DSC01160.JPG
    DSC01160.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 2,586

Back