94 Sport Full Width Dana 44 and 9 inch | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Sport Full Width Dana 44 and 9 inch

Ok it's finally looking like something. This thing should be complete by the end of next week, so I am posting this in the registry instead of the projects section, I hope that's OK with everyone.

Front:Full width Dana 44 from a 78 Bronc with 4.88s and a Lock Rite
Wild horses coils, custom drag link and radius arms. Bronco buckets and stock track bar.

Rear: Full width Ford 9 inch, with 4.88s and a EZ Locker, stock springs and 4 inch blocks.

No cutting down here. There are pizza cutters on her right now, but I'm picking up the 35' Muds tomorrow.
(dead links)
Thanks for looking!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Two questions:
#1, how is your rear going to flex with that long of a shock?
#2, How the heck will you handle the axle wrap with those blocks?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

#1-the rear flexes great, the shocks do not inhibit the travel at all. That's why I measured before I bought these. It's all about where you place the mounts.

#2-I'm going to wheel it and see how ad it gets, but I am planning a track bar in the near future. I also have a line on some 13 leaf springs for an EB, so that will help.

The secret is out, now that my wife has been seen driving around town in this thing.

Yes, it is hers until I buy her something new. :thumbdwn:
She wants a Toyota Sequoia-I need some cash quick :p

Attachments

• DSC01164.JPG
    DSC01164.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 3,710

how does she get in??
that thing is huge!!!

What Did You Use For Spring Brackets On The Frame....stock? Also What Did You Use For Springs?

The spring buckets are 78 Bronco, the springs in the front are Wild Horses 5.5 inch lift springs for an Early Bronco www.wildhorses4x4.com

not to jump in your post

but that looks extremely familiar. check out my truck, its a 94 sport with fullsize out of a '79 bronc

im really jealous though, mine isnt done :mad:

my 94

truck looks great, I love my full widths, just prepare to be dirty forever!!

2 things
1 welds look great but watch that front trac bar, the welds may hold, but the frame may not, you may have it reinforced more than the pictures show, but just a heads up, it has happened to alot of us, so be careful!

2 where did you get your wristed arm???????

Nice rig

Very nice setup front axle is centered..And rear is the same (of course) I agree with the rear leafs flexin so good..And those welds are nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .Good job

I made the wristed arm, it was really easy. I cut the RA where I wanted it to pivot, then I just took 2, 3/8'' plates and cut them to size and welded them on. I also had a bushing made for the 'wrist' so it can pivot nicely. It seems to work great. I just used a 5/8'' hitch pin to secure the other side of the wrist.

What did you have to do to modify the rear drive shaft to fit the 9", because i going to be putting a 9" in my B4000 and i'm just curious to what you had done.

Bassically, it is a whole new rear driveshaft. I got a new CV at the T case end (the stock one was in bad shape) and new u joint at the axle end. I had him put in a new, longer travel, slip joint too. It cost about 400 dollars, but I decided to do it right the first time, in the hope that I will not have problems later.
My d/s guy has a Navaho and said that if you don't put a CV in the rear you will get a major vibration with this amount of lift.

Attachments

• DSC01219.JPG
    DSC01219.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 2,688
  • DSC01218.JPG
    DSC01218.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,729

will the stock one work until i get a sleaved one?

No, the u-joint is different. ex's have 1310s and 9'' have 1350 usually.

Do you know how wide you are now? from outside of each tire?
Where did you get your jonny joints from?

Roughly about 80 inches from outside to outside. I got the jonny joints locally from a fab shop that makes them for "Toys by Troy" The place is called DT Fab, they have a website. I think I scored mine for about $40.00 each-cash.

i"m planning to put the same amount lift on my truck that you did, do you think that I'll be able to fit 36" IROKS?

You should. I am going with much less lift with the same axles and will be running 38" Swampers.

I could easily fit 37's without cutting. If I did some hacking I'm sure I could fit anything up to 40s

Did you change the flange on the transfercase or did you use a 1310 to 1330 adapter to mate the 9"'s driveline to the explorer. what did you have to do to the front driveshaft?

Back