• Register Today It's free!

'94 Sport in Texas

tbird88

Reaction score
City, State
Tejas - home of Stevie Ray Vaughan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport 5spd
Just brought it home tonight, gonna do a little research to see what all it's made of. I have tons of 3.8 Thunderbird SC stuff, I'll do my best not to go mod-crazy at first but don't know how long I can leave it stock :D

'bird

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good deal. how about a pic ? oh and if you hang around here it wont stay stock long at all

Welcome to the site felloe Texan, it wont be stock for long if your here.

Even though it's 2wd I'm already gettin' a kick out've it. Bought it to replace my '84 F150, needed sumthin' with fuel injection instead of carbuerator.
I went from the upper Texas coast up to NE Oklahoma to bring back a Super Coupe with a tow dolly and my truck ate gas like it was goin' outa style, the 2V 302 w/AOD is ok for cruisin' on flat land but the 2.75 gear did NOT like those hills. Later on I went about 100 miles up past Waco to bring back another SC and same story, a real gas hog. Too much trouble to jet for altitude so I started huntin' for sumthin' with FI.
I figure I can tow a 'Bird home with this Sport if I use a little common sense, noticed it has a 3.27 in the rear, that's a plus.
Fixed the driver grab handle today with a little bit of plastic welding on the backside and some JB Weld Quik, it'll probably outlast the rest of the truck :)

Pic below, kind've a dark blue-green metallic (?)

'bird

exp5396.jpg

Originally posted by redrig
Oh and if you hang around here it wont stay stock long at all

Hey, T-Bird, welcome to the site. Redrig and the others are right, you stick around here for any time, your Explorer won't stay stock for long.

As of now the only thing not stock in my Explorer is the stereo I had installed, $$$ keeps me from going any further at the present time

Well, I took a good look around under the hood and it don't seem likely that I'll be swappin' in one of my SC engines, not enough room. Emailed with a couple of Ranger owners way back when that did the swap or were in the process but they had to lose the A/C box and some other stuff. Me, I ain't lettin' go of that cold air! :D

Gonna do a shakedown run to Astrodummy tomorrow, maybe if i bring enuff tools she won't break down (LOL!).

film at 11,

'bird

Back