• Register Today It's free!

94 XLt with multiple engine codes

Ling06

Reaction score
City, State
Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
Hello guys I just recently purchased a 94 x as a project and I want to get the engine dialed in before any modification take place. I have the following codes showing up with my code scanner:

114 O
332 C
341 O
566 O
629 O

Just wondering what you guys think about these before I start ripping and tearing. Any help is appreciated. thanks'

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found this for you. My answers in () & ALL CAPS

(R) = Engine Running test (M) = Memory code (O)=Key On Engine Off test

114 (O,R) IAT sensor out of range - IAT (NOT SURE WHAT THIS MEANS)

332 (R,M) EGR did not open/respond during test or if memory code, did not open intermittantly - EVR or PFE (YOU NEED AN EGR VALVE)

341 (O) Octane jumper installed (information only code to notify you if it is installed) (NOT SURE WHAT THIS MEANS)

556 (O,M) Fuel pump relay primary circuit fault - Power / Fuel Pump Circuits (OH JOY, YOUR DROPPING THE TANK TO REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP)

629 (O,M) Torque Converter Clutch circuit fault - Transmissions (AND PUTTING IN A NEW TORQUE CONVERTER???? NOT SURE)

I see nothing for a 10

Brooklynn has a nice list of the codes here:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160035

Hope this helps!

LOL yeah some of these seem easy enough but not sure about the 566 one or the 629, I'm going to head to the auto parts and pick up an air temp sensor and egr valve and see what happens.

Just a follow up incase it helps someone in the future,

Changed out the EGR valve and the air temp sensor, when i took the egr valve off the egr tube broke and i had to buy one for another 60 bucks also replaced the vaccum lins off of the egr tube. When it was all said and done the CEL is off and seems to be running great now. Not sure about the 3-4 shift solenoid issue its not comming in anymore.

Run it for a while then check the codes again to see if they really cleared. Mabe all that other junk was due to the 2 bad sensors?

94 code pull

Im having some idle issues

I did a key on code pull

c= 336
0= 114,116

I have not done a warm key on yet. could i get some imput on these codes..

OBD 1 Code book says
R,C -336= EGR sensor circuit voltage higher than expected. and
R,C-336= (Trucks only) Exhaust pressure high.
O,R-114= Air charge temp sensor higher or lower than expected voltage.
O,R-116= Engine coolant temp higher or lower than expected.
Hope this helps.

Back