95-01 EXPLORER PROJECTOR HID UPGRADE KIT (sickhids.com) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95-01 EXPLORER PROJECTOR HID UPGRADE KIT (sickhids.com)

Mrhobby100

Reaction score
City, State
Anaheim CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 5.0
THIS HEADLIGHT UPGRADE KIT IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPEMENT IT SHOULD BE COMPLETELY READY AND FINALIZED IN ABOUT 60 DAYS. I WILL REMOVE THIS MESSAGE WHEN THE KIT IS READY FOR PURCHASE. PICS AND VIDEO OF THE EXPLORER HEADLIGHT UPGRADE INSTALLED WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE AT THAT TIME AND I WILL UPLOAD THEM TO THIS FIRST POST

OK so as some of you know I have been working with a professional retrofitter (sickhids.com) to build a HID projector kit. Brian and I have locked down the standards for the "95-01 explorer projector headlight upgrade kit" and the pricing for us forum people. I have also gotten the owner Brian to agree to give us a discounted forum pricing indefinitely so that way people don't feel the need to be rushed into a mass group buy therefore I have not titled this group buy because it is special pricing for the explorer forum for as long as he is in business

A little about sickhids.com: Brian Tremblay is a professional electrician by trade and has used his skills to create a booming retrofitting HID business. His business is the only BBB accredited retrofitter out there. All of his kits come with crazy warranties. After talking with him he said he will warranty the bi-xenon projector mechanism, the ballasts, and bulbs for life That's right for life! If your bulb ever burns out he will replace it for free all you have to do is ship it to him. All of his personal custom work is warrantied for 1 year.

NOW ONTO THE HEADLIGHT INFO: this is a real HID projector headlight upgrade it will actually increase your visibility at night. These projectors have a beautiful cutoff line not like the Chinese projectors that blind everyone down the road.

the 95-01 explorer forum special upgrade headlight kit will contain:

1. Brand new crystal clear headlight housings in either black or chrome (same price)

2. Brand new matching crystal clear corners

3. 55 watt quartz HID bulbs and 55 watt ApexCone Digital HID ballasts (w/lifetime warranty) you also get to choose what color bulb you want for no additional charge: 3000K, 5000K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K, 12000K (bulbs come installed)
(special bulb warranty. You get free replacement bulbs for life) very cool!! nobody offers this

4. Professional grade MX-H1R 2.5" Bi-xenon projector with hi-performance lens. (Hi beam / Lo beam all in one projector unit)

5. Chrome gatling style projector shrouds

6. Audi style super bright SMT LED daytime running lights. Wired with pigtail (you chose if you want DRL's to come on with the "ignition on" or with the "parking lights on") will include easy-tap to tap into 12volt source of your choice. (you get to choose what color LEDS you want for no additional charge. default color will be 5000k)

7. CCFL halo angel eyes wired with pig tail and included with an easy-tap to tap into your choice of 12volt source (manufacturers recommended source for the halo is the parking light circuit) You can also choose what color halo you want for no additional charge. Default color will be 5000k

8. %100 PLUG-N-PLAY separately fused relay wiring harness with labeled connections and install tips included

9. professionally sealed with manufacturer grade sealant

10. ALL LABOR, ASSEMBLY, AND WIRING INCLUDE 1 YEAR WARRANTY
ALL HID & PROJECTOR COMPONENTS INCULDE LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!

11. ESTIMATED BUILD TIME 4-8 WEEKS FROM PAYMENT

12. ALL PAYMENTS ARE HANDLED EXCLUSIVELY THRU PAYPAL

13. pricing includes shipping anywhere in the US/ shipping to Canada is an additional $50-$60.

14. ALL SHIPPING INCLUDES INSURANCE AND BECAUSE OF THE PRICE AND NATURE OF THE PRODUCT REQUIRES A SIGNATURE UPON DELIVERY.

15. ALL PAYMENTS ARE MADE DIRECTLY TO SICKHIDS.COM NOT TO ME (mrhobby100)

(RETAIL PRICING FOR THIS KIT IS $885 shipped in the US.)

(SPECIAL EXPLORER FORUM LONG TERM PRICE $765 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN THE US. CANADA ADDITIONAL/ ABOUT $50-$60)

additional upgrades and options are available for an additional cost. (for example: the glowing devil eye upgrade is $80 for the pair

While the kit is being finalized check out some of his stuff

his website

http://www.sickhids.com/#

his facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sick-HIDs/88798054711?id=88798054711&sk=photos_stream

his youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/liteitupbri/videos

when the kit is finished I will update this thread with Brians personal contact info he said he needs about 3 weeks to finish a large motorcycle headlight order before he and I will begin finalizing this kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome I need a rear bumper w tire mount and 5 new tires first but def on my list great job on the leg work

good stuff here. Although i was all about it earlier I just dont want to pay over 750 bucks for headlights just yet.. too much stuff to do first
install headers, 4406 swap, exhaust, tune, by then probably some maintenance things then i would get these if there still around..

good stuff here. Although i was all about it earlier I just dont want to pay over 750 bucks for headlights just yet.. too much stuff to do first
install headers, 4406 swap, exhaust, tune, by then probably some maintenance things then i would get these if there still around..

He is willing to work with people on the design slightly as long as it doesn't change the basic blueprint. if you want you could always remove the LED daytime running lights from the setup and just use the halo as the DRL. If you were to remove the LED drl from the system it would reduce the price of the headlights by about $75 getting you under the $700 dollar range.

and remember with this kit he is giving us free bulbs for life and including shipping and insurance in the price when you think about it he is giving us a pretty good deal.

free bulbs for life is sweet... but when have you ever seen an HID bulb go out? i havnt..

free bulbs for life is sweet... but when have you ever seen an HID bulb go out? i havnt..

**** I have but it might be due to the offroading. plus good quality HID bulbs are expensive so if they ever do go out at least it will only cost me about 6 bucks for shipping to him. The ballasts get replaced for free for life too along with the projector unit if the bi-xenon function stops working.

I am more excited about the functionality of this upgrade as it will have some major improvements in visibility unlike those crappy Chinese pos that just don't really do much but look cool.

They start dimming after a few years.

They start dimming after a few years.

yeah that's what I thought. HID's are great technology but their not magical they don't last forever.

so if they "dim " we get to have new ones for free?

so if they "dim " we get to have new ones for free?

um that would be the definition of lifetime warranty "free bulbs for life".

I asked him about it and he said the only way he wouldn't warranty the bulb was if you completely destroyed it and you sent it to him in a million pieces. Basically if you do something stupid and break it then your SOL. But if it dies or say a wire comes out of the unit or a connector cracks or breaks you can call him and he will hook you up with a new one.

(now I don't think he is gonna replace bulbs if you hit him up every 6 months claiming the bulbs are dim.) I am sure the headlights will come with info on when you should change the bulbs. Or if you want I will ask him and get back to you guys.

very cool. i cant wait to see the final product. his stuff is sick (pardon the pun)

sounds awesome, but could i just get low beam projectors and halogen high beams? no halos or leds would be necessary for me, either.

sounds awesome, but could i just get low beam projectors and halogen high beams? no halos or leds would be necessary for me, either.

no our trucks are designed for the hi and low function to come from one unit. So you can have halogen hi/lo or you can have HID hi/lo. the hi/lo function comes from one single bulb wether or not it's halogen or HID.

and yes you can get it without the halo or led's it would reduce the price about $150.

That's is why our stock replacement bulbs are h3... One bulb for hi and lol. Some cars have separate bulbs some have same..

I am waiting for him to finish an order. Plus he has to order the final set of parts to make the first kit of the final design.

Back