95 eddie bauer explorer... looking for suggestions on lifts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 eddie bauer explorer... looking for suggestions on lifts

B

birdman21

Ok today i have a 1995 eddie bauer 4wd ford explorer. Im looking to give it a lift that will take 33 inch tires or bigger. Im tight on money but open for suggestions on some lift kit ideas. Iam leaning towards just about a 3 inch body lift but i can not seem to find any for a 95.(will like a bigger lift then 3 inches) i was looking at a rcd suspension kit but then i hear rumors about the front drive shaft popping out and that i would have to get a double cardon shaft( how much are these used or new?). if you guys look at this thread dont be strangers and give me some suggestions the cheapest suggestions that is:D. pm me some links that you know of that have some good deals on kits that will be the best for my explorer. If you can send me how much the parts will be, what brands the cheapest but reliable and what you used on your 95 explorer... Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I also have a 95 EB X. I have done a 2" TT and made my own rear shackles from 3/8" x 2" bar stock. This gave me a 2" lift front and back so that my X sits level and I am able to clear 265/75/16 all terrain tires that measure 31.75" tall. The total cost of this was about $30 and if you want to clear 33s then you can do a BL and then you should have no problems. Most BL that I have looked at are anywhere from $150-$250. Most people are using the summit brand or the other brand that summit carries for a 1998 ranger.:D

Back