95 EXP PCM - Specifically FIG1 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

95 EXP PCM - Specifically FIG1

wrbrower

Reaction score
City, State
Portland Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 EB 4x4
Hello experts!
My parents' 95 Explorer (4.0L AT 4x4) is having intermittent power-train (hard shifting, tranny just rebuilt) and an intermittent check engine light.

The problem is pulling the codes. I have and EEC-IV scanner and an OBD-II scanner. The computer says F5TF-12A650 ... FIG1...EEC-IV. It has an OBD port under the steering column inside, but cannot pull and codes, the scanner just says error. I am a little confused about an EEC-IV computer with an OBD-II scanner port. The truck has always been in our family so I doubt there has been a funny PCM swap out.

Any help is definitely appreciated!

Regards, Bill

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
didnt the eeciv have a diagnostic port under the hood? might look there for it.....

<

wrbrower

Reaction score
City, State
Portland Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 EB 4x4
The only one I saw I thought was for the ABS. If it is under the hood, then what is the powered OBD port under the column, some kind of pre-preduction EEC-V port?

<

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
its highly possible its jsut a dummy port... a lot of tiems vehicles have things they didnt or shouldnt have had before their time....

my toyota's vin plate says it has a 4 speed and a 8" rear end.... well my truck actually has a 5 speed and an 8" rear end... the wierd part is, 99% of the toyota 4x2s had a 7.5" rear end, not the 8"

<

BigDakota

Reaction score
City, State
Bismarck ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport
A 95 is a OBD-I system...the plug you need is under the hood..I believe the port under the dash is a DUMMY port........use the SEARCH feature here in the Forums...you will find the answers and some pics..!!!

Good luck

<

wrbrower

Reaction score
City, State
Portland Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 EB 4x4
Pulled the data off of the EEC-IV underhood connector, thanks guys!

<