95 EXP PCM - Specifically FIG1

wrbrower

Reaction score
City, State
Portland Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 EB 4x4
Hello experts!
My parents' 95 Explorer (4.0L AT 4x4) is having intermittent power-train (hard shifting, tranny just rebuilt) and an intermittent check engine light.

The problem is pulling the codes. I have and EEC-IV scanner and an OBD-II scanner. The computer says F5TF-12A650 ... FIG1...EEC-IV. It has an OBD port under the steering column inside, but cannot pull and codes, the scanner just says error. I am a little confused about an EEC-IV computer with an OBD-II scanner port. The truck has always been in our family so I doubt there has been a funny PCM swap out.

Any help is definitely appreciated!

Regards, Bill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

didnt the eeciv have a diagnostic port under the hood? might look there for it.....

The only one I saw I thought was for the ABS. If it is under the hood, then what is the powered OBD port under the column, some kind of pre-preduction EEC-V port?

its highly possible its jsut a dummy port... a lot of tiems vehicles have things they didnt or shouldnt have had before their time....

my toyota's vin plate says it has a 4 speed and a 8" rear end.... well my truck actually has a 5 speed and an 8" rear end... the wierd part is, 99% of the toyota 4x2s had a 7.5" rear end, not the 8"

A 95 is a OBD-I system...the plug you need is under the hood..I believe the port under the dash is a DUMMY port........use the SEARCH feature here in the Forums...you will find the answers and some pics..!!!

Good luck

Pulled the data off of the EEC-IV underhood connector, thanks guys!

Back