• Register Today It's free!

95 Explorer Lift Recommendations?

95ExploderUSMC

Reaction score
City, State
Denver Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer
Its been awhile since i've been on here but I have to a point where I want to lift my explorer just a couple inches but I am having troubles with how to go about it. I know i could do the TT to the front but i'm trying to stay cheap for the rear. Does anyone have any good recommendations for something along the lines of maybe a body lift or just getting a rear shackle lift? My shackles right now are already pretty rusted out and I am not the first owner of the explorer so i am unsure if the owner before tried to modify it in anyway but they dont look right. If I do replace the shackles should i replace my leaf springs as well? Any suggestions help! Thanks!!

I used Auto zone shackles, 4 door springs and a pro com AAL on the back of mine, I think the shackles were 25 bucks, the 4 door springs were free and the AAL was like 40.Just drill them out to use the factory bolts, the drill size is 9/16. The bolts they come with are cheesy. Then just a simple TT in the front. I am running 33x12.50 15 on 15x8 wheels with little trimming. My ex is a base sport so not a lot of plastic on it. The truck has been lifted this way for about 10 years now, and wheeled hard at times, no issues with the shackles in case anyone was curious.

Back