95 explorer XLT wont't start

Bobandrox

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Hi All,

First time on the site, guest we need to have a problem to joint!!!!!

My 95 explorer , sometime won't start when hot. Then I wait 15 minutes and it's start.

I've changed the crankshaft sensor, gaz filter etc... but still doing it!

Does any body have a ideal?

Thanks
Bob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My XLT just started that this week. I replaced the Fuel Injectors and really improved the performance. Now I think I need to replace the plugs and wires.

Thanks, but mine works perfectly it just the odd time when the motor is hot, then I wait 10 minutes and it's starts.

Bob

That happened to me again today. I'll be changing the plugs and wires here in the next few days. This has gotta stop!

me too, it makes a long day and always happen when i'm in a rush.

Let me know...... My mechanic thinks it my be the cam sensor or the modular.
Do you get a code from the computer? I don't and it's pissing me off.

Bob

When you turn the key to the ON position, you should hear the fuel pump prime for a second or 2. If you don't hear it, you have a fuel delivery problem. It could be a bad fuel pump relay that needs to cool down a bit before it starts working properly. Easy and cheap fix.

Thanks for the tip, I will try that.
I change the coil pack today , must say run smooter. In a few days all known if my problem is fix.

Bob

I feel your pain

My 95 is doing the same thing. I have tested the coil packs, CKP sensor, changed the fuel filter. I have a haynes manual that says to test the coil pack side plug, didn't do this yet because my test light bulb is blown have to get one in the morning. Also says to test the fuel pump relay location in the power distribution block but does not give steps or instructions on how to test this relay. If you know how to test it please let me know, or if you figure out what is causing yours let me know so I can try it out and I will do like wise.

Back