95 F-150 vs 2nd gen Mounty. what do you guys think? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 F-150 vs 2nd gen Mounty. what do you guys think?

hey guys, my merc got rear ended in the school parking lot today. at the moment it looked like i could just take the bumper off and put the plastics back in place and it would be set, but then i got it on the lift and realized the bumper was bent, plastics kinked, bumper mounts bent. but the guy that kit me being a good ole boy from GA said if it was still like that tomorrow he'd have a sledge hammer to knock it back.... but basically he hit my corner with the middle of the bumper on his F-150 and knocked out everything.

what do you guys think it'll cost to fix it? pretty much the bumper, all the rear plastics, brackets, etc need to be replaced. how much would an auto body shop charge? the trucks a 98 V8, it looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor except for a few small scratches. 97k miles, interior is perfect, leather seats are in great condition, New tires, less then 2k.

here's pics:
001.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

found out one other part, worse then i had expected, rear quarter panel is bent too.

Left side (not the one that i got hit on)
notice the gap
008.jpg

right side (side i got hit on) both panels are over lapped
009.jpg

troubles get deeper.....
Left side, nice and boxed up..
011.jpg

right side, caved in....
010.jpg

sucks that ur mounty got hit

i would say at the very least he should be buying you a new bumper...
better check to see if the frame is damaged in any way also.
but i do know if my truck looked brand new, and in that clean of condition i wouldnt let anyone near it with a sledge hammer :eek: good luck with it

just saw looks like under the right tail lamp is pushed in also, im thinking have a body shop at least look at that

Call your insurance. You might have way more damage than the untrained eye can see. Pinched wires on inside, cracked fuel neck etc. Your truck might be totaled for all you know. Sounds crazy but my brother was hit on his tow hitch once couldn't see a thing, but later came to find out all the impact force went to his frame and did some damage. Truck looked mint, but it was totaled. It was a 96 jimmy, not to difficult to total.

well jusrt an update, Allstate gave me $1,150.00 to fix it, but everysingle local shop is saying atleast $2,500.00 to fix it. all i really need fixed is that rear panal because i can get everything else at Pull-A-Part so i called up a buddy thats into the local drift scene and he said he'd beat it back for $100 when he is off duty at the garage he works at, then i'll go get parts from the local yard and bolt it back up. looks like im going to have enough to buy myself a set of torque monsters. that ticking gets really irratating lol....

Mines alittle bit worse than that. Guy i got it from lent it to a lady and she beat the **** out of it. I took the rear bumper off, knocked the sides back straights, but the old bumper back on and it looked ten times better. Still waiting to get my new back bumper from Ped5stang though

Back