95 Ford Explorer 4X4 EB edition Tranny Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 Ford Explorer 4X4 EB edition Tranny Problem

The Drifter

Reaction score
City, State
Sac,Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ford explorer EB
I hope someone could help me decide on what to do about my 4r55e tranny. it became stuck in first gear and unable to shift out of first, as soon as explorer starts it is in gear even when selector is in park,and the OD light flashes to beat the band.

A friend told me to look in the pan for metal chips so i took the pan down found no chips but found 2 flat square pieces that looks like aluminum. My question is this some thing that can be fixed if so what would be a starting point for me to check.

Or should i just replace it
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Metal shavings are not a good sign. The flashing overdrive light is an indication of a code that is stored. Pull the code. Could you post a picture of what you found in the pan?

Thanks for fast response

I will take a photo tomorrow as it is in my buddies garage. There is zero shavings in the pan just those 2 flat pieces of aluminum.

Thanks

Very interesting. Please let us know. I am a fellow Sacramentan. Welcome to the forum.

The Drifter said:
I will take a photo tomorrow as it is in my buddies garage. There is zero shavings in the pan just those 2 flat pieces of aluminum.

Thanks

Could the flat pieces be the magnets that are placed in the pan to collect debris?

Here are some of BillJ's pictures:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Back