95 Ford Explorer. I changed the fuel pump, and now there is no fuel pressure. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 Ford Explorer. I changed the fuel pump, and now there is no fuel pressure.

michael6306

Reaction score
City, State
columbus
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ford exployer
Hi I'm new on here and need some help. My gas gage stopped working so I replaced the sending unit on my fuel pump and put it back together gas gage works now reads 1/2 tank but now it cranks but won't turn over and start. I checked my fuel preasure at the rail and there's nothing. I did check my fuel pump fuse and relay both are good, I havent checked my Inertia switch because I do hear the pump come on when I cycle the key off/on so I am asuming my switch is ok! any ideas???PLEASE HELP ME THANKS!!!!!

did you check your fuel filter

that might be the problem:exporange

may be bad pump.

Hi I'm new on here and need some help. My gas gage stopped working so I replaced the sending unit on my fuel pump and put it back together gas gage works now reads 1/2 tank but now it cranks but won't turn over and start. I checked my fuel preasure at the rail and there's nothing. I did check my fuel pump fuse and relay both are good, I havent checked my Inertia switch because I do hear the pump come on when I cycle the key off/on so I am asuming my switch is ok! any ideas???PLEASE HELP ME THANKS!!!!!

just because your fuel pump is on does not mean it is pumping fuel, the motor may be on but that doesn't mean the impeller is working. you may want to check out a new one, also it may be your fuel filter. i would start with the fuel filter.

Back