95' Ford Explorer Overhead console burned up-pics included | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95' Ford Explorer Overhead console burned up-pics included

Wyoguy222

Reaction score
City, State
Rapid City, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Ford Explorer
I have a 1995 2 door Ford Explorer with sun roof. The overhead console started smoking all of a sudden one day last year. I pulled the fuse in hopes it would stop a possible fire. There wasn't a fire thank goodness, but it burned up my overhead console, the part that displays the temp/compass. Do they sell just this part, where i can just plug the existing plug into? Or do I have to buy the whole overhead console? And if someone can tell me how to get pics from computer to this page I will post them. I click insert image but it wants a web address?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can upload pictures at a site like imageshack.com then use the URL they give you to post it here.

Here are the pics! Thank You for the tip orbach! These are pics of my fried temp/compass from the overhead console on a 95 ford explorer. Does anyone know where I can get a new one, just this part, or do I have to buy the whole overhead console? Thanks for your help!

boxelder2011121300377.jpg

boxelder2011121300378.jpg

Can't see them...

Here are the pics! Thank You for the tip orbach! These are pics of my fried temp/compass from the overhead console on a 95 ford explorer. Does anyone know where I can get a new one, just this part, or do I have to buy the whole overhead console? Thanks for your help!

boxelder2011121300377.jpg

boxelder2011121300378.jpg

need to post a link to the pictures. like this: www.captaintonyking.com/images/pic1.jpg

i use photobucket for my pictures and to make them appear in a post like this:
38373874013_large.jpg

you could look for one that says "IMG code" example from the pic above (broke it up so it wouldn't link):
38373874013_large.jpg

Nickalatte

BoxElder-20111213-00377.jpg

Okay, now that I finally got them to work, here is the other 2 pics! Thanks for the help guys! I used photobucket this time!

BoxElder-20111213-00378.jpg

BoxElder-20111213-00379.jpg

This happened to me too. I just bought a new overhead concole on eBay.

$25 and i'm all set.

Wow that thing looks crispy. Try ebay first or maybe rockauto.com might have that too

Back