• Register Today It's free!

95 Front end noise!

theviper90210

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Well i was haveing a prob with noise, come to find out my ball joints were wore out on my 95 XLT 4dr 4wd, so i had to control arms and the balljoints replaced, by a offroad place around here, and the noise was gone and everything sounded good for awhile, but now i have a noise again, and i placed the sound coming from where the upper control arm is mounted to the frame, i think the bushing are making the noise. Got any ideas is there something i could put on the busing or can the be easliy replaced?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

comeon guy i know somebody got to know something about this?????!?!?!?!??

Mine is currently doing that as well. I believe it is the bushings...and I sprayed some lubricant on it and it went away for a bit. Make sure the bolts are tight. Be careful not to throw off your alignment.

-Drew

thanks drew, anyother sugestions, ANYBODY!!!??

I had noises in the front too.... my problem were the radius arm bushings and of course i couldnt do the labor so i had to pay for it to get done, but it was a loud squeaking noise when i apply the brakes.... is that whats happing to u????

well i dont have noise when i apply brakes, but onver speed bump and things i get noise, im not so sure what the radius arm is a pic would be good, but i think my noise is were the upper control arm attaches to the frame, i think its those bushing or w/e that are making the noise

Check sway bar links, both of mine were shot and replacing them with MOOG's for about $15.00 each fixed the clanking.

ummm i dont think its that i dont have clanking

TheViper, you can narrow it down through a process of elimination. Make a small amount of homemade penetrating fluid by mixing a half and half mixture of turpentine and either ATF or power steering fluid. The turp acts like a solvent to thin the fluid to the point that it will creep into the tightest places. (Great as a rust buster on bolts too.)

Liberally squirt ONE BUSHING and then test drive. Noise still there? Squirt another bushing and drive again. When you finally hit the offending bushing, the noise will disapper. Now you know what to attack. :D

thanks Lloyd ill give that a try and let you know how it turns out, jw but have you done this and had the same prob, and this fixed it??

also when i find out what bushing it is, useing your method what should i do to the bushing? anything? or just put a lil more homemade solvent on it and leave it alone?

You are quite welcome, but the solvent/lubricant is only a stopgap measure and may only last a day or so before the squeaks return. You would be headed toward a replacement and I'm sure that there are a number of fellow X lovers/owners here who can make suggestions as to what would be a recommended replacement. :(

ok sounds good, so can anybody recomend control arm bushings "the bushing where it attaches to the frame" cause im pretty sure its those, so where can i buy the bushings?????

carquest maybe, advance auto, im not sure, you'd have to check, as i am having this prob TOO!
BTW: what lube can u spray to make it go away for a bit? its driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!
what about WD-40?

Find a Moog replacement part, they're the best mainstream aftermarket chassis part company out there.

thanks guys for the replies, can somebody give me a link to a website thats good to buy MOOG parts from. i cant seem to find one.

or should i go with these polyurethane bushing,CLICK HERE also are these the righ bushings where the upper control are attacthed to the frame?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back