'95 Sport w/3-inch body lift +33's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'95 Sport w/3-inch body lift +33's

My 95 Sport:
3-inch body lift +
torsion twist and shackles
33x12.50r15 BFG's MT's
15x8 American Racing wheels
Powertrax No-Slip, Borla Headers, Gibson Exhaust, K&N Filter,Jacobs wires,pre-runner w/PIAA's, Trailmaster SSV's
screen

screen

View

Dead Link Removed

[Edited by SDMike on 01-19-2001 at 12:54 AM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet Jiminy Christmas! That thing kicks so much butt it isn't even funny! Where did you get that pre-runner bar?

Looks great man! You are starting to look like Sinjin's ride here in Texas. Keep up the great mods. I know you are loving that Powertrax! I just got one on my 92 and it is great!

Actually Brian I think Mike's rig has looked like this long before my ride. I know he had the 3" body lift way before me. As a matter of fact, think he was the first to have that lift on a late model. ;)
Looks great Mike!

Great looking truck!!!!

hey, mike? can i have your truck? please, please please! i'll trade you even for mine!

View

i can even bring it to ya, you won't even have to leave the house!

When I first got my explorer in March of '95, the first thought I had was, I need to get a lift for this thing! I had already bought it, not knowing that there was nothing available, and for two years I waited and persistently kept calling every lift maker (rancho, trailmaster, superlift..etc..)to try and get them to make a lift, and even offering my truck as a guinea pig, but I kept getting the same answer, from each and every company, "there's no market demand for your vehicle, it's a sport utility, no one lifts sport utility vehicles, but your persistence is appreciated and if we get enough demand, then we'll build one, so keep trying..." same excuse b/s... and so in '97 was when I finally found at least a 3-inch body lift from Off Road Warehouse in San Diego to satisfy my needs. It's good to see now that lift makers are finally seeing that there is such a demand, FiNALLY...better late than never...

trckmagik Yeah that powertrax is sweet, I live in San Diego, so Truckhaven is close enough to put it to the test. Still getting use to driving with it on the street.

drmoore71 I'll Trade with you FOR A DAY!

Spectre
Off-Road Innovations for a pre-runner bumper.
Their number if you want to call is (619)588-2568.

[Edited by SDMike on 01-19-2001 at 12:58 AM]

Dude, you're livin' in San Diego with a truck like that, and you DIDN'T make it to Truckhaven last weekend? What's up with that!!! I hope you have a good excuse!

my excuse

I was stranded down in Mex..surfing really good waves, if I recall from last year's Truckhaven where I met you, you're a surfer too, so you could probably understand my dilemma..epic waves, truckhaven, epic waves, truckhaven, I tried to do both, but I was outvoted, so it didn't happen...truckhaven will always be there, although it would have been cool to meet and wheel with everyone...let me know when you go to T-haven again, maybe you can take me on one of those legendary night runs...actually I might go to los coyotes this weekend w/ some J**p friends..

Yea I have had my Poertrax on for about a month now and I am still getting use to the street driving. I wish I lived somewhere where there is so much off-roading. Oh well, maybe ill see more when I move from Dallas to Phoenix.

Mike, point taken about truckhaven always being there and and waves aren't! Next time we're going is the first weekend in March.

2001ExpSport
yeah the inside fenderwell with a dremel, some moderate trimming.

DANGT! that is the sweetest explorer! I want it really bad. Please tell me bout your body lift and if it was hard or not. I am gonna do the same thing with mine but i have 3.73 gears which will be ok till i get enough money. How do you like those bfgs?

travis

SD,
that is one tuff lookin truck! good job. would the black plastic valance fit under the bumper if u did alot of cutting? i noticed other lifted explorers removed theirs also. i removed mine to fit 32" tires but it looked ridiculous with the fog lights just sitting there with nothing around them. so i started grinding til it fit.
Rick

Damn good lookin truck!!!!
drmoore, i'll trade ya.haha
good work SDMIKE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2001ExpSport
Yeah the bumper and the rocker panels were fine, didn't have to do anything to them.

TURDS
Can't really tell you much about my body lift, except that I got it @ Off Road Warehouse in SD, and they did the install for me. It's the same 3-inch lift that a couple of other people have on their explorers. I think

GRNMACHINE
I just took my front valance off, cause it looked a little higher without it, not because I had problems with my tires rubbing on it. My friend took his off his ranger and I thought it looked pretty cool.

TURDS
I Love these BFG's. At first I thought they would be unbearable on the streets, noise wise, but they're not bad at all. and they have performed well off road too.

Back