95 XL and 2000 XL Interchangeable Body parts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 XL and 2000 XL Interchangeable Body parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeckerNeck

Reaction score
City, State
Lynchburg, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000-XL, 95-XL
ok...Here's the deal. I have a 2000 Ranger 3.0 5spd with 124,000K on it that is going to be repo'd come mid Feb. I also have a 95 3.0 Auto with 70,000K that is paid for. The trucks are almost exactly the same except for the retarded grill, hood, and fenders on the 95. Same color and everything. There is also a difference in the length of the cab behind the doors.

Since the loan company is going to take the 2000 I am going to take the good bucket seats, cd player, wheels and tires off of it and swap them with those on the 95.

Main questions are as follows:

Are the beds interchangeable? they look to be an exact match but I don't know it the attatchment bolt pettern is the same.

Are the front clip dimensions the same? Can I swap the front clips? I really don't like the way the 95 looks from the front when compared to the 2000 and I'd like to swap the hood, fenders, grill, and bumper if its possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Only the bed is interchangable. On the other hand you may have legal issues if you change anything since it's getting repo'd, so I'd advise against taking out anything.

ok the beds can be swapped, the front clip can also be swaped but you will have to replace everything in the front core support and rad support and all that ****. you will also have to cut and weld and **** to make the front work i have done it it just sucks to do. the doors cannot be swapped the 2000 has a longer can and the doors are longer then the 95. if i were you i would just swap the vins and keep your 2000 as the 95. swap out the clusters if you wanted to. and call it a day.

allright thats what I needed to know. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back