'95 xl reg cab 4x4 5 speed 2.3l | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'95 xl reg cab 4x4 5 speed 2.3l

..Relocated the CB...I have a bunch of electrical I want to install and get done before My next trip so I'll be plugging along for the next two weeks...

..Stay tuned...:hammer:

20150415_170534b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Hmmm...I might be interested as this is temporary till I get done wheeling this summer..:hammer:

20150414_191801.jpg

$100 bucks and I'll throw in a short console I have;)

...I already installed the console shown above..:D

..We will chat over the summer if you still have them...I've got a bunch of fuel to purchase between now and end of July..:(

..Today's project..:hammer:

..Adding 2 concealed 2.1 amp USB ports for charging phones, pads, GoPro's, camera batteries, GPS devices, etc.

20150416_061119_1_.jpg

..Had some free time this weekend so I got started on adding new power in the cab for some add ons and to clean up the temporary wiring for all the various electronics and chargers I use..I wanted to start permanently installing and hiding all the wires for these items..

..and so it begins..:D

20150418_140957.jpg

..I've finally got around to installing the compressor for my OBA (on board air) system I have had for a few years now (maybe 5)..Tank had already been installed for at least a year and ARB has been sitting in the front pumpkin for 4yrs. maybe?..:scratch:

..A couple shots..:hammer:

20150419_104027.jpg

20150419_104313.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

..Although there were no inserts when I found the console for my truck, I ran back this weekend to another JY and found a set..

..After finding and installing these same inserts into my X, I found these very useful s they turn a box into 3 separate compartments..:biggthump

20150420_061351b.jpg

...Working on a couple more projects to be done in the next week or so..:hammer:

..Hidden hitch, on board air, and some electrical stuff...:)

...While I'm working on these other projects I raised my rear bumper back up to its original height since doing the 1" puck lift...:)

...I will wait on doing the front bumper cause the original frame will stick out even more so my thought is the front bumper will be a major project which will include cutting the frame horns and hopefully I will have a winch to include into that project...:hammer:

..Out of the 3 different stock cup holder versions I have had in my vehicles I must say the one I have in the Ranger now is my favorite as it holds the cups and has two levels, (one higher than the other) and the lower one is for a hair smaller cup..

..For years I have always used the ash tray as a catch all for spare change and parts and I have quickly found I now use this front, lower, cup holder for this task...It's quick and convenient..

...I use it so much I figure if I keep throwing nuts, bolts and change in there that in no time flat I will have this darn thing wore out so I decided to find a quick way to save it..

..I needed a cup of some sort taller than the cup holder but still low profile to catch all these parts and stay out of the way with shifting the 3 sticks in my truck...

..While searching stuff in WallyWorld I came up with this $2 option..The Butt Bucket ashtray thingy for smokers..

..It is actually thick and heavy with a lid, tall enough to be grab-able to pull out quickly to empty it yet low profile enough to stay out of the way when shifting into 4 Low..

..The only thing is it is a bit smaller in radius to fit snug in the cup holder and I wish it was snugger...It seems like the weight of it is fine in regards to keeping it in place without moving while racing around in city traffic but I'm thinking about modifying the lid so I can just drop coins in it with the lid on. For now I just leave the lid off but when wheeling I can put the lid on and see how it works out..

..I'm also thinking about adding Velcro onto the bottom of it to keep it from bouncing out of the holder when on the rocks..:D

20150426_175450b.jpg

...I got a few more things done while the temps are in the 90's..:rolleyes:

..I got around to adding a gauge pod in the Ranger and I also used "Plasti-Dip" in the spray can for the first time..I used this to turn one of the bezel's from a glaring chrome to a rubber coated black...

...This worked for it's purpose and I think it will last for a while but it was difficult to work with it on such an intricate type spray job...It was my first time using it and my attention span was real short as it was windy while I tried it out..:D

20150429_122541.jpg

...I also took and hardwired my Garmin GPS...

..I have had my GPS in the upper left dash corner for years but my previous model was smaller...After getting this newer unit it blocked some of my visibility especially when on obstacles off road..This unit had the sandbag dash thingy which did it's job but when wheeling it would wind up all over the dash and the cord and plug always bothered me...

..So I did the single bolt in the dash and a little trim on the top of the bezel and it should be good for a while..:hammer:

20150427_162830.jpg

20150427_162908.jpg

..I got to do some more modifying last night..:hammer:

..I installed this 20" razor type light bar and added some more core support as it is a fiberglass type material I attached to..This location works perfect for now but the size of the light bar was selected for when I get a winch in the future..;)

20150429_190437.jpg

20150429_193321.jpg

20150429_190455.jpg

...I forgot to post this earlier but this is the twin 2.1 amp usb port which I installed in the front of the console at the bottom right looking toward the front of the car..

..It is hidden and low enough to keep any cords lugged into out of the way and un-cluttered..

20150430_164331.jpg

..Getting ready for an upcoming trip, I wanted to gain a little more ground clearance..

...The first thing I needed to do was get rid of my old hitch and install one that didn't hang so low (as seen here)..:D

20150416_194506.jpg

Out with the old..This was off a 2006 Ranger and after trimming off 2 bottom tabs, it fit my 95 just fine..:hammer:

20150420_111414.jpg

..and in with the the new (er)..

20150416_194119.jpg

..I gained some clearance..:biggthump

(These pictures were before I raised the bumper itself about 1")

..Shown here with the adjustable drop hitch..

20150424_144523b.jpg

...and here it is shown with the "Amanda Speed Hook"..;)

20150424_150713b.jpg

...I just put a couple more thousand miles on the truck this last week...:burnout:

...I have about a ten hour drive to the Overland Expo in Flagstaff Az.then off road all the way to Moab for the EF Moab run..:confused:

...I just went over 300, 000 miles in the Ranger and she's still running strong but she is getting a lil long in the tooth so wish us luck...:)

..Do these seats make my truck Look fast?..:burnout:

..I couldn't pass up the price on these. These ar the same seats I have in my "Project X"..

20150908_183020_1_.jpg

...and since my floor mats that came with the truck could be barely described as floor mats anymore, I found these cheapies for $6.50 a piece...

20150916_172849_1_.jpg

..There I was out in Johnson Valley with several teams that are Testing and Tuning for the King of the Hammers when there goes an Explorer past me..:burnout:

I caught up to Mounty71 the next day to grab this shot..:D

DSC_5645b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..I have a bunch of work I've been doing to the Ranger as in Maintenance and small upgrades from plugs and wires to I'm building a new rear bumper which is different from anything I've seen so far..;)

..I'm also looking for a plasma torch for next winters project..:D

ranger_new_axle.jpg

Back