• Register Today It's free!

'95 XLT Stall/rough idle

hjerrett

Reaction score
City, State
Lloydminster, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Hey all couple questions/concerns. I have a stall/rough idle problem that existed when I bought my 95 used. I cleaned all the sensors and the issue seemed to go away for awhile but it is back, other than the check engine light...it has not come back on. So no CEL but I do have the OD off light flashing which I will get into below.

When listening to the engine at idle it will be purring along just fine and then miss once or a few times. When it misses the whole vehicle shakes and the rpm drops but comes back up. Today it stalled on me for the first time while in D just starting to move forward. Once it's moving and positive throttle is applied it runs great.

I also developed the duck-call coming from the IAC valve today. I will try cleaning it again but it seems like I need a new one, think this is the only issue with the idle and stalling?

I also have a flashing OD light, I think I hear/feel all the shifts. 1-2 seems a little hard but other than that it seems fine. I am going to bring it to a tranny shop and get them to pull the codes from it soon.

Back