96 5.0 cam question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 5.0 cam question

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, that should work fine.

You will want to do tuning later on to take full advantage of the camshaft, however the stock PCM is very adaptive and should work well with no issues.

Thanks for the speedy reply lol.
I picked up my x towards the end of summer i got a great deal on it.
its been growing on me.
With 3 kids its not ideal fof me to own my 30th mustang anytime soon.
so i figured I'd play around with the truck.
ive removed the adjustment bolts for the torsion bars and im quite happy with the stance.
Now I'm after a little power and sound.

I think a stock h.o cam will fit my needs for quite a while i already have the needed gaskets from a buddy that gets me parts at his cost so that helps.
Other then a cam an exhaust tune and then wheels & brakes.
thanks guys for the input.

I never said u were being a dick.
i appreciate good info and all opinions because we all have one.
And then theres post #8.
Cheap easy and proven mods on every mustang or 5.0 lsc has always been rebuilt jy heads wow gt40 at that go figure as far as intake yep same thing.
Cam yeah custom ground when i had the cash.
I was just seeking input on sticking a stock ho cam in the motor that's currently in my truck with the heads and intake I've been happy with for years.
I'm pretty sure no matter what pops up you'll offer your opinion to whoever inquires about which direction they should go in whatever project that they are working on.
but dont be such a wife about the whole thing ok.
I actually bookmarked the link u posted because theres great info there.
Thank you just calm down ok.

Camshaft specs are barely different then mustang cam. Let me find exact specs in service manual for you. Not really gonna do much in my opinion for all that work.

Back