96' Bad Fuel pump B4 I drop the tank what Fuse | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96' Bad Fuel pump B4 I drop the tank what Fuse

J.J. BIGGS

Reaction score
City, State
JAX, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
After checking the fuel lines at my filter I figured out my pump is bad Or the fuse going to it is B4 I drop this gas tank and do all that work does anyone know what fuse the gas pump is linked to I cant find it any where online

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

5.0 or 4.0?

If it's a 5.0 it's relay 6 in the PDB under the hood.

4.0 Do You Know where it might be thanks J.J.

Google online manuals and you should be able to find one. I remember seeing someone here post the link at one time.....

OR you could just take a meter and check for voltage at the inertia switch.... of course, the usual "2 second rider" applies.

Is your truck starting?

When my fuel pump was bad, I could get down and kick the tank while the wife turned the key.. worked for a few weeks.

if you can get it to start by doing this, your fuse is good

FYI I just went through 3 bad all in a row fuel pumps for my 96 X and let me tell you I am glad as HELL on the first one that I cut an access panel from inside the truck. It took only a matter of 25 mins the first time to cut the hole and 5 mins to change the pump there after. HIGHLY recommend doing this, very easy to do and SO WORTH IT.. For me I prob would have traded off the X by now if I had to drop the fuel tank 3 times.

FYI I just went through 3 bad all in a row fuel pumps for my 96 X and let me tell you I am glad as HELL on the first one that I cut an access panel from inside the truck. It took only a matter of 25 mins the first time to cut the hole and 5 mins to change the pump there after. HIGHLY recommend doing this, very easy to do and SO WORTH IT.. For me I prob would have traded off the X by now if I had to drop the fuel tank 3 times.

Now thats what I call "Thinking ahead"!

smart!

Back