• Register Today It's free!

96 body lift

budman5184

Reaction score
City, State
Stockbridge, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
Has anybody found a body lift that will work on a 96 2wd xlt? If so please tell and advise me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Performance acessories makes a body lift kit for a ford ranger that will work for your explorer. The body lift kit # is pa853

What?

yes, you will be doing the same as a ranger. But the bumber brackets will not work so you need to fabricate your own, and you will also need to pivk up some new bolts. For mine I had to get longer bolts for the very rear body mounts. I dont remember the dimensions on it, maybe someone else can help me out on that one..

budman5184 said:
Has anybody found a body lift that will work on a 96 2wd xlt? If so please tell and advise me.

Use the search function and you'll find more information then you could ever want on the subject. Welcome to the site.

I appreciate ya'lls help. I allreadydid the torsion bar twist and got new longer rear shackles. Baby is sitting 2" higher plus she has 31" shoes. Hopefully after the bod lift
(all girls like to have a lift after 140k of hard road) I'll be able to get 33" or 36" shoes on her. I love this site glad I found it.

36"s??? no way, not on a tt and 3 inch BL...not unles you cut the living crap out of your fenders. Unless you twist your tts to the max (which is like 3 or so inches i believe on a 2wheeler) you would still need to cut ALOT to fit some 36s...If that doesnt bother you, then by all means cut the fenders and get some new "shoes" (im guessing those are tires)

I used 180mm in the very rear of the hatch, 160mm behind the rear seats, 150mm in front of the rear seats, 140mm in the front floorboard, and 140mm for the core mount.
I'm pretty sure them are what I used....
Basically, I only needed 2 additional bolts. Or, if you got the tools, add some threads to the existing bolts that will be too long (12mm x 1.75 pitch)

Back