• Register Today It's free!

96 Eddie Bauer Headlight Issue

96BauerGuy

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hi All. Looking for advice on my 1996 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4. My driver's side low beam won't come on. Both high beams work. The bulbs are new. Shy of picking through the wiring harness, is there a common cause to check out?

Hi All. Looking for advice on my 1996 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4. My driver's side low beam won't come on. Both high beams work. The bulbs are new. Shy of picking through the wiring harness, is there a common cause to check out?

check all the fuses, on 2nd gen's there were separate fuses for left and right low beams but the highs shared a fuse... go figure... you also posted this in the 4th gen forum

Your in the wrong section but I had a 1997 explorer and there was a headlight module under the center console you pull the front message center out and then pull the cup holder tray out and on the right there is a black box screwed with 2 screws unplug it take it out and then take apart that black box carefully there will be a melted circuit in there you could a fix it B replace it or c jump it where the 2 wires are that completes the circuit.

Tom

Hello Sir,
If you have an eddie bauer w/message center the Light warning module(LOM) could fail.

You can search for that issue. I think it was decontented on later explorers.

nXgOwck.png

Back