96 Eddie Bauer im thinking about... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 Eddie Bauer im thinking about...

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
Ive been looking, mainly on Craigslist, and I think I found the one I want:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/ctd/1075510579.html

Its in great shape from what I can see, besides the rust, and ill replace the center console door, it looks like theres a rip in there, and wait a second, i just looked over the pics again, tell me if you see something wrong with the carpet in the back, passenger side.

Other than that though, it looks like a good truck, has everything I want, besides the heated seats I think, which is no biggie, its basically summer soon anyways lol.

The backseat looks exactly the same as my 92 EB lol besides the back of the console with the vents, and radio controls.

What do you guys think?

He wants 3450$, but ill offer him 3k if/when I get the money.

What would you guys offer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't offer him anything until I see why the floor looks like that. It could be completely rotted out, considering that's where the rust is. Also, if the front wheels are straight, the steering wheel is waaaay off. I think you need to check it over very well before falling in love with it...

For a '96 in Michigan with big rust issues? (Hatch too, look close) I'd be no more than $2,000 - $2,500 max, they're everywhere- at least over here they are. Be careful not to get sucked in... :)

Yeah man im really glad you pointed that out, I just noticed it too, He hasnt emailed me back yet, ill give him a call in a few days if anything.

But yeah trust me I would have noticed all that when I got there, i even check fluids and everything lol

That one looks like a nicer truck to me, but hard to tell with those little pics craigslist puts up. Hint- if you talk to sellers, have them take pics BIG- max size for their camera. You can scroll through them to look for nuances, etc, rather than drive to every ex you see. Mechanical stuff can be fixed and most of them will have minor stuff, but bad rusting bodies can't, or they get really expensive really fast- and ratted interiors wear on you.

If that Ex does have a new trans, that rockets to the head of the class... Find out if it is new, or just "new to this Ex" ;)

yeah i learned that the hard way haha, (the tranny part) well it was actually my buddy, but i pretty much told him what x to get, supposedly NEW TRANNY!! but like yous said, it was just new to that ex.

im getting my taurus tomorrow, my girlfriends dad's buying it for 1500$ in about 2 1/2 weeks he should have it all, then im gonna look more into that ex.

I gotta see whats going on with my job, im getting a little pissed, they still havent called back about the drug test, i AM hired though she says.

I can relate to waiting for stuff like that- patience is a virtue! Congrats on the new job!

I noticed im a very impatient person when I want something this bad lol,

and thanks, i just hope i actually get the call to come in, im supposedly hired, but waiting (2nd week now) for the drug test to come back

Be aware that the guy who is selling the 95 is also selling a 97 which to me means he is probably just flipping cars. When I'm looking at cars on CL, I take the phone number and do a search on it to see what else the person is selling. Also, whenever someone says 'new transmission or new engine', ask them if they have any receipts.

Back