• Register Today It's free!

96 explorer air bag code 52

justanother1

Reaction score
City, State
Dover, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT; 97 XLT
The idler pulley had fallen off while we were going on a trip. We were about 1 hour from home when this happened. We drove our explorer home on just the battery. I have put a new idler pulley and tensioner pulley on with a new belt. I also had the fuse out for the air bag in the fuse box under the hood. I did this because I had 1 of the crash sensors behind the grille off the explorer. We were on our way to get this sensor from my cousin that has a wrecked explorer. Since I have fixed everything, now the airbag light is blinking code 52. I believe this code has something to do with: Backup power supply voltage. How can I clear this code?

By fixing the problem. You probably need a new modual.

airbag code 52 fixed

I have found out how to clear this code over on the ford truck enthusiasts forum. Here is the link: clearing airbag code 52 This help some of the rest of us. This has worked for me and it beats paying the dealer whatever they charge to clear code 52.

The modual contains a back up power supply. If the modual reads low voltage on this you then get code 52. Its kinda like a dead battery in the modual.

Back