96 Explorer Before & After | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 Explorer Before & After

EDIT: It's been a few years since I've updated my B&A. :cool:

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Here is the before and after pics of my Explorer. It had 235's and I uped them to 31's. I also adjusted the torsion bars a bit to get the clearance I needed.

see the pics on my web site

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so thats just the TT and shackles and 33 on there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha. I thought that might come up. No one thought it was the same Ex the first time I posted it because of the difference in color. The key pad is gone because I reversed the photo so they'd be facing the same direction.

Those are 32's on there, not 33's.

hmm must be the angle! so 32 do rub some under there w/ the TT and shackles you say? How much trimming you have to do?

Pretty minimal... but ballsy, trimming. I took about an inch or so back from the rear of the front tire.

Attachments

• trim.jpg
    trim.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 720

It's not the cleanest trim job. But my fenders were dinged anyway. Plus the other side looks tons better.:D

Attachments

• trim2.jpg
    trim2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 716

alrighty. will 31's have to get a trim job if i get them?

Nope. Thats what I ran for the last year or so. Never rubbed at all. Do you have the TT/Shackles done yet?

getting them done next week whill i'm outa town. bud of mine is doing them and when i wear out the tires i got on there now i'm replacing them for 31 sence thre no rubbing in them!

I think you'll love the new look of your Ex after the TT/Shackles. If you click on the link in my signature you'll go to my website and the 3 pictures at the bottom are of mine with 31's and TT/Shacks. Good luck and post before and after pics when youre done.

i will. i already got a thread up of my "opperation" to the X. got a brush guard, fire ex., safari rack. on there so far. 4 Hellas and 2 reverse lights so far. heres the link:

Dead Link Removed

Well, I've done a lot of work since my last B&A.. so.. I'm gonna update!

Stock:
5.0L V8 (26k on odo)
2WD

Now:
5.0L V8 (1.4k on odo)
AWD

Attachments

• beforaft.jpg
    beforaft.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 360

Updated my very first thread eva! :cool:

Back