96 Explorer cd player install HELP PLZ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 Explorer cd player install HELP PLZ

Gayle90

Reaction score
City, State
Greensburg, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer Limited
Ok so ive read multiple upon multiple threads here as well as other sites. Im stumped, confused, and jus plain lost now. Ok i have a 96 Explorer Limited and on the back passenger kick panel it says JBL Audio and my speakers in my rear and front doors are JBL. When i bought the explorer they already had the stock head unit out and had a cd player sitting there in its place but it was hooked up all weird n jacked up. I removed the back kicker panel either them or tha people before em or someone took out tha sub, and the amp. Tha connections are jus laying back there. The cd player kinda worked but they only had two speakers hooked up to tha back of tha cd player. So i hooked up tha other two speakers but yet only two will have sound and now they are really really "staticy" (if thats a real word :D) So i thought maybe i had loose connections or speaker wire pinched. I just happen to have bout 300ft of speaker wire jus spooled up in my basement so I decided to be adventurous and i ran all new speaker wires to all four speakers and connected em but i still have tha same problem. Any help that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Have a good day all

Head unit is probably not grounded properly or is on it's way out.

Back