96 Explorer power window problems. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 Explorer power window problems.

exploredit

Reaction score
City, State
psl, fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 explorer xlt
New here, and having problems with driver side power window. Was working fine then just wouldnt go up. Driver side panel still rolls up/down all other windows but not the driver one. When i try to roll up/down, the switch, motor and relay are all clicking. ?????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the motor is running and makes a clicking noise, the problem sounds like the three plastic bushings are shot. It is a easy fix, once the hard part of removing the motor from the door is done :)
Louis

im not sure that the motor is running, but everything pretty much clicks when i press the button.

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 95-01 section. Sometimes the wiring breaks in the area between the door & the frame. Check your connections on the switch, and any ground wiring in the door.

I tested the switch and i get power on both up/down buttons. I tested the motor and on the yellow cable, only got power when the up button was pressed. On the red cable, got power when down button was pressed, but also got a dim light when the up button was pressed. Seems like im getting power but motor isnt running??????

sadly i dont have one, thinking about seeing what the junkyard has and just replacing what i can. Does anyone know how i can get the window up for now?

"tough way" then is disconnect your battery, take it out of the tray, carry it over to the offending door. Run a wire to each lead on the motor.... change / switch the connection to make the motor go up or down...... or you could do the same with a battery charger.

Thank you very much but once i took the motor out i was able to just push it up. That'll work til i get a new 1!

Back