96 Nisan Code P1370

YBCold

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 ×∟┬
(im guessing this is the right forum because in the all other makes and models i could not find Nissan. moderators move as necessary)

any way took my neighbors car to the autozone and one of the codes it put out is P 1370. but that code only comes up for VWs and GM motors.

allgedly a malfunction in the CKP sensor????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I have time I'll look it up tomarrow at work.

thanks. i have no idea why a nissan would throw out VW and GM codes.

k the othe codes are

P0505

P0325

...The Model and engine size would get you more answers...;)

P0325 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)

P0505 Idle Control System Malfunction

hm dont know the size but the car is a 96 altima with 4 cylinders. im thinking maybe the IAC is bad and there is a vacuum leak and fuel filter looked old to me, so maybe that is straining the fuel system. looked rusted on the outside

...This is all I get...2 out of 3 ain't bad...:dunno:

P0505
IAC circuit condition or idle speed higher/lower than expected
ECM has detected that the IAC counts are higher or lower than expected. The Engine speed is not in its expected range.
Probable Cause:
BB1: Vacuum Leak on engine
BB2: Dirty Throttle Body
BB3: IAC motor Defective
BB4: Poor Electrical Connection to the IAC Valve

P0325
Knock Sensor Condition
The power train control monitors the knock sensor signal for errors
Probable cause
BB1 Knock Sensor Defective
BB2 Check connector and wiring to sensor
BB3 Engine mechanical condition-knock or rattle in engine
BB4 Low fuel pressure

yeah theres wheres im stuck at im guessing a good tune up and tune up of the sensors might fix. this is actually my nieghbors car, i fixed her head light issue. im assuming because the fuel filter might be old its straining the fuel system maybe givin a lean fuel mix and maybe causing a lean condition causing knock. as for the vacuum leak could be the vacuum lines or the gaskets. i since this is a recently purchased car i have no idea what my neighbor is rockin in her car. i will check and post updates. anybody correct as needed

...You might want to first look at that vacuum leak...;)

...Also, running a lower octane than what the car needs would make it knock but from what I've read the knock sensors are common problems on the Altima's...

hm ill check. this is actually my neighbors car and according to her one of the homie mechanics un plugged a sensor. ( im betting the knock sensor) and it instamatically turned off the CEL. im planning to inspect things that typically need tune up like spark plugs, fluids, and fluid levels. along with vacuum hoses to make sure car is ok. i dont know a whole lot but IMO the fuel filter looked a bit raggedy. could it perhaps be not allowing proper fuel flow and causing "lean" fuel air mix???

Was busy at work today, but it looks like Tbars already hooked you up.

i still have no idea what a CKP sensor is ? ive never heard of it.

did some looking around on the Nissan Forum out there on the interwebs and found that the knock sensor on altimas is kind of lousy and ontop of that its way difficult to get to. the cars runs good just that im not sure it will pass smog check with CEL.

im still hunting for the IAC in the engine compartment. but i found better description of its location i will clean it out and see if that helps

Back