96 XLT 4.0L Missing vacuum connection | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 XLT 4.0L Missing vacuum connection

rshafer

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I've had my 96XLT since 02 and it is my daily drive. Last week the air stopped blowing inside and I looked under the hood and there were 3 vacuum control lines that were not connected. I assume something fell off but I can't find any pictures or diagrams to tell me how to connect the lines. One line comes from "baseball" reservoir - the feed to it is still in place. One line goes to the water control on the block and the last line is beside the drier and it goes through the dash. If someone could take a picture or give me a description of the connections, I would appreciate it. The car has had some work done on it in the past so no telling what has been rerouted. THANKS!

Found the answer, there are 2 lines coming through the firewall. One is black and the other is grey ( ?? maybe white that's been in the engine compartment a while). Both had been melted but I couldn't find the black coming through the firewall until I pulled the fender liner to see the black line. Fixed both - everything working. Think I get some air into the A/C lines and the dryer get hot.

Back