96 xlt Suspension lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Catexplorer96

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer xlt
So I’m pretty much done with a majority of the looking into it part of getting parts together and what not especially due to the age of my car a lot of the parts people listed and talk about are from 2005 and so on. I’m planning to order my suspension components from Moog Front Lower Ball Joint, Front Inner Tie Rod End, Front Outer Tie Rod End, Left Upper Control Arm, Right Upper Control Arm, Camber shims.

4” spindle from tss on eBay I believe
3” lift keys from ebay
I’m having trouble finding shocks on my most recent thread I was told to lift it then measure then get shocks but that’s a hassle I wanna get everything done at once.

Please let me know if I’m leaving anything out I looked everywhere to figure out all the front end parts I will need I’m new to the car/truck scene I just need a little help thank you.

EEBA7B66-B93B-4770-B4BB-88C6F7F00B3C.jpeg

So I’m pretty much done with a majority of the looking into it part of getting parts together and what not especially due to the age of my car a lot of the parts people listed and talk about are from 2005 and so on. I’m planning to order my suspension components from Moog Front Lower Ball Joint, Front Inner Tie Rod End, Front Outer Tie Rod End, Left Upper Control Arm, Right Upper Control Arm, Camber shims.

4” spindle from tss on eBay I believe
3” lift keys from ebay
I’m having trouble finding shocks on my most recent thread I was told to lift it then measure then get shocks but that’s a hassle I wanna get everything done at once.

Please let me know if I’m leaving anything out I looked everywhere to figure out all the front end parts I will need I’m new to the car/truck scene I just need a little help thank you.

View attachment 436334
nice!!!! with the 4" key and 3" lift (3" will ride like a hay wagon) it will have ~7in of lift. you need to compensate for that in the back, or else you will have MEGA squat! may want to look into going SOA and adding shackles

Back