97 2wd Ranger Converted to 4wd TTB V8 Tuff Truck. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 2wd Ranger Converted to 4wd TTB V8 Tuff Truck.

I got bit hard by the tuff truck bug, little lower than my previous rigs, for going fast and smaller jumps 4-5ft or less at this time lol.

Bought 97 Reg Cab 2wd Ranger guy started parting out, little rough.

Truck is getting painted Allis Chalmers Orange- bed will be done on Monday , just fixed dents in it this week at school.

Truck is getting Explorer 302 from my purple truck
5spd from 98 F150 with 4.2 V6
4406 manual

D35 TTB

James Duff front 5.5 Longarm kits, going to ad Pro Comp bump stops and some limiting straps.

Rear will get Deaver Race pack 2 & 1/2 lift springs

Running Bronco 2 tank in rear to keep wait on rear

Will have full roll cage and Corbeau suspension seats with 3in padded 5-point harnesses

running 31in Procomp Extreme all terrains

Few pics:

001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its getting new windshield tommorow. Few things to get done, but real close to being able to drive a little, will need mounts for longer rear shocks, and then still pending on roll cage unsure exactly what i wanna do there.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

If all works out, should be ordering my Corbeau seats by Friday!!! Pretty excited about them.

brakes bled and working :)
Clutch bled and working :)

truck not running right anymore, hope its cause my battery seemed about dead and maybe alternator not wired right??

Gonna pick up new RedTop today i have drove it outta garage and getting so excited started to think about trail tire options since it will be multi purpose truck, thinking about 34-10.50-15s Swamper LTBs $214 each or 35x10.50-15 Boggers $304 each or 33x10.50-15 Boggers $264 each, I wanna run narrows so i can use stock aluminum rims and should clear fine, also if I run Boggers truck can be used for 3 diff things I really like,

Tuff truck racing
trails
fast track mud runs

Im affraid 35s narrows would be to much since I have no intention on re gearing from 3.73s thinking 33s might be about perfect, now just need to sell my 35 -14.50 Boggers for funds :)

Calling and getting some 1 3/4 11ga (.120 wall) round tube HREW for my cage today and for part of the front bumper.

Ive done enough research and decided I do not need DOM and Im confident the HREW will be fine so please don't comment that I should be using DOM -thanks :)

Im rambling alot today but getting close to the end for awhile

here are the air bumps IM thinking about getting for the front, also need to measure tonight for limiting straps for the front.
http://4wheelonline.com/Products.aspx?CategoryId=87707&ProductID=229887

Also think might get Xcal tuner to delete all my extra codes for no smog equip and no auto tranny, kinda annoying!! LOL

Metal for roll cage is on its way to Linn tommorow got lucky to get it added to local companies shipment of metal so no shipping or trip to go get it for me :)

Redtop battery purchased!!

Seats ordered!!! -Never had a nice set of seats very very excited!!!!

??? Anyone have experience with Pro-Tools 105 mechanical bender??? I need help understanding differance in dies 120 or 240?

??? Anyone have experience with Pro-Tools 105 mechanical bender??? I need help understanding differance in dies 120 or 240?

The 240 dies allow you to bend a full 180 deg without having to reset the die. The 120's allow only up to 90 deg. I have both, and the 240's are well worth the extra cash.

Thanks Mudmnky -thanks, yea I just got off phone with a rep at pro tools factory and after explanation I agree the 240 is worth the extra money, he was very knowledgable and I think im sold, he has package deal gonna get the heavy duty bender, 2 -240 dies gonna get 1 3/4 and 1 1/2. and also the 501 Tube Notcher for very good price.

Yeah, I really like dealing with the guys there... they wont just sell ya something, unless they are sure your getting the right pieces.

Update windows are now tinted 5% and the plan is to paint the truck Friday or Saturday this week, prepping the cab for paint tonight and thursday.

Truck has about 200 miles of driving so far. Pretty happy with results, need to get longer rear shocks mounted and bed cage done, just not sure when, cause truck paint will be curing this weekend so might have the weekend off from it. Maybe I will put a lift on something else LOL

Were is you bumpa's?

It's a tough truck. You don't need no stinking bumpers :D :p:

And piss on the state of Missery for telling us we need them :D I may live in the state of Missery but I don't have to like it :p:

LOL, i put stock front on temp, but I will be building bumpers just havent got that far

Just ordered XCal3 SCT Tuner from Henson Performance, should be able o knock out this check engine light and get it running even better!!

Dropping off another rear driveshaft to have professional shortened to length and Balanced, that way once get alignment, tires balanced and driveshaft done I plan on driving this truck to some meets and races LOL.

is it me or is the Bed kinda saggin on that ?:dunno:

It is, My frame is little tweaked in the back from the yahoos I bought truck from loading it for me without much choice, it didnt have bed on it or rear axle was frame and cab and they set loader down on rear frame rails and chained it solid and lifted from the back with al the weight on front still was pretty crazy! Even for me doing some redneck things and they loaded it on our trailer but it slighty tweeked it. O well, It will bend back after alot of jumping maybe?

Back