• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

97 Black xlt

check35

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 ranger xlt
Hey everyone! First post! Anyways, I've got a black 97 xlt explorer 5.0 V8. I love it (except for the gas :p!)! She's my first truck/car. The only things I have done are remove the running boards, and hubcaps. I have been thinking about putting the hubcaps back on, but she looks a lil more rugged without them. Oh and I almost forgot, the monster dent on the door from getting t-boned:mad:

Picture077.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

joshuaj0214

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, Delaware
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 5.0 Sport
Welcome to the site! I would put the center caps back on but thats just my opinion.

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Welcome To The Forum! I personally kept the caps on mine I think they look better. Are you planning on repairing the driver side? Other than that she looks like she would be a good looking truck.

check35

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 ranger xlt
Yea I'm trying to get the door repaired, but I dont have the cash as of now. How much you guys think getting that kinda damage repaired may run me?? oh and I put the caps back on.

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Not sure how much it would cost but I'd imagine maybe more than what it would cost to get a good door at the junkyard. Check for an estimate at some local body shops and call some junkyards to see what a door would cost incase they have one that looks alike.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

BigRondo

USMC 1371
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Worcester, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT V6 4x4
Welcome aboard. :salute: Nice looking Ex. :thumbsup: I agree with checking the junkyards and comparing that with a shop's estimate. Good luck.

check35

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 ranger xlt
A door would cost me about 75.00 for the shell only. Would it be easy to just transfer everything over, or should I let a pro do it?

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
For the shell only? You could swap things over but be fore warned that working in the door on items can be a PITA because of the lack of space. I can't imagine the junkyard would tear everything out to sell for that price.