97 Explorer Charcoal Canister Bracket | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Explorer Charcoal Canister Bracket

coors30pak

Reaction score
City, State
reading pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 xlt
I think I am calling this part by its correct name. I am talking about the part under the spare tire. The tray that holds it is all but history. I think if I drive without the spare it will probably be dragging on the ground. Is there somewhere besides a salvage yard I can buy a new tray? Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you find a place to buy one? I need one also.

Not yet, still looking!

The dealer confirmed that the bracket is the same for 1995-1999. It's the bracket that holds the fuel vapor canisters.

mines gone on my 96 as well, I made my own bracket consisting of a piece or aluminum angle stock with two holes in it for the rear most part and another for the front using factory push pins in the tabs. They mount to the frame on one side and the spare tire bracket on the other.

Hey guys. I just spent a couple of days under my 99 Explorer replacing my rusted out leaf spring shackles which was insane. It involved a torch, sledge and air hammer. To make a long story short, I removed the spare in order to give myself more room to work and noticed that my EVAP Canister bracket is just about gone. I found these old posts regarding other forum member searches and was hoping someone could direct me to a website that has them for sale since these posts are real old and I couldn't really find any websites. Thanks in advance.

Same here. Had to drop spare tire while replacing rear axle seals and bearings. Canister gone. I like the idea of rigging something with aluminum. Would be nice if there is a plastic alternative. Where's that Chinese part when you need it;)

yeah same problem here $122 found on ford oem parts

You can find the Ford part a bit cheaper at SaraD: http://www.sarad.com/productinfo.aspx?p=182744

Part number is F57Z9D665BA. OEM part is made in Canada.

That's where I got mine from. It'll get blasted and PORd before it gets put back up so it doesn't rust out again. I know I've seen a plastic one somewhere, I believe it may have been eBay. Nothing up there now though.

Back