97 Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD 5.0. I want to lift it. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD 5.0. I want to lift it.

apexfireman08

Reaction score
City, State
Apex,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 eddie bauer
hey yall my name is ryan im from NC so i got a 1997 explorer Eddie Bauer awd 5.0 and it has 115,00 on it and running 31x10.50x15 as stock and the engine is running alright. But anyways i got in a wreck a while ago a front end collision and. I got the truck back and my gas mileage is very very poor like its rediclious, i know i need a tune up and 2 replace spark plugs and all but one of my ?s is what are some of the things that i can do right off the back to fix this i work for AAA and Goodyear so i know a little about the truck but i need some help on what parts are the best and not so expensive and also what would make the truck look sick. I wanna lift it about 1 inch to 2inch just for ground clearance and cut my secondary cats off and run a lightening style exhaust on both sides. What do you guys think about this and or recommend?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the shocks, suspensions, and lift kits section. Check for broken vacuum lines, and computer codes to see what is causing the problem with your gas mileage. There is a lot of information on this site when it comes to lift kits.

i have a stupid ? but how does a vacum line mess with the gas milege

Recommend motorcraft platinum plugs, possibly a set of wires for said spark plugs, and as Brooklyn mentioned, look for Vac leaks. The body shop may have inadvertantly disconnected a line. As to how a vac line would mess with your gas mileage? Well, if that vac line is leaking, your lose vac pressure at the intake, resulting in your engine not running properly, thus resulting in poor gas mileage.

ive got a question. ive got a 97 ex 5.0 that came wiyh an auto level system i had it disconnected an put on monroe sensi trac shocks. i hate this even more. it sits low an im riding on 22's. my problem is its still not as smooth riding as id like. does vanybody have an idea as to the brand of shock i could use that would give me a smoother ride an not make it feel like its bottoming out. i thought of having the leafs arched or adding another spring but was told that may make it stiffer

yeah man i got the same problem except my air ride is still connected but the ride is crapy and still sits low and im running 31x10.50x15 what can we do about this

Back