97 explorer sport awd 16" to 15" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 explorer sport awd 16" to 15"

i have 16" rims now with 255/70 on it i beleive the stock size, would i be able to go with a 15" rim and 31" tires will that work out fine? and would you recommend getting after market rims or just go with 15" stock explorer rims? If aftermaket what size and bolt pattern and offset i need?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A 15" wheel with 31" tire will be fine. As far as a facory wheel or aftermarket it's all up to you. Bolt patern is 5x4.5"

3.75 inch backspacing is stock i beleive?

nice.... those are little bit cheaper thanx

Your Welcome. I was thinking they were. Shipping from Summit should only be $9.99 for a set of four.

ya but you need to buy the center cap also...........either way come's out to about the same price...... now to get some used 31's 8^) , i just want to get rid of the heavy stock 16" rims

How soon are you wanting the 31x10.5's?

I'm hoping by June to by new tires for mine. The main prblem with them is there cupped from the ball joints being bad but still have a good amount of tread left.

If you're interested shoot me a PM & we can talk price.

the rims i am buying are 15" 8" wide what offset and backspacing should i get?

what will make the rim stick out further or not as far?

An 8" wide wheel should need an offset of around 24mm(stock Cobra wheel with 6.35mm spacer).

Deal with wheels by offset, not backspacing. Wheels are all defined by offsets, and it is easy to do math to find backspacing or inner clearance, or outer measurements. Good luck,

3.75 is the back space you want.

update thanks guy got my rims on my truck went with the ones summit
with 31'' tires i think it looks good just need to take care of the paint and the camera phone picture don't help.

untitled3er.jpg

ahh.. mine looked like that once upon a time

i think it looks pretty good not going crazy with it i am fine with it now........... what does your's look like now?

for the most part like this
1771151.jpg
.. but it is taking shape slowly :)

look good besides that small dent on the right side, and the crack in the winshield. 8^)

update thanks guy got my rims on my truck went with the ones summit
with 31'' tires i think it looks good just need to take care of the paint and the camera phone picture don't help.

untitled3er.jpg

Hello!

Just wondering how its been going with the rims and tires you got a while back. I just read the post..pretty new to this site. Was just wanting to know if you've run into any problems..rubbing, etc. You got the 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing and 31x10.5x15...right??? Been looking for a pic to see how it looks. I want to do the same..I have a 96 sport. If you could..please send me some good pics. blacson30@hotmail.com
Thanks!!:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back