97 Ford Explorer Speaker Noise and Connection problem? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Ford Explorer Speaker Noise and Connection problem?

KHunt44

Reaction score
City, State
Floyds Knobs, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer
I have a 97 Ford Explorer 4.0 base model my car stereo has an aftermarket Alpine receiver which was already hooked up when I got the truck. All wiring correct and properly done as far as I can tell . Radio has been fine up until now. With this receiver it has an auxiliary cord that comes from the back it comes out the dash. I use my phone to listen music however the other day all of a sudden it seems like the chord is going bad because only noise will come out of some of the speakers unless I move the cord around. But turning it to tunner it's having the same problem so it can't be my cord. Also when using the outlet Jack to charge a phone or other things is creating a interference or a problem with the car audio at the same time. Also when my phone is charging through the Jack and plugged into auxiliary cord for the radio it creates a humming or a static noise through the speakers. So to me the way these things are acting it makes me want to think there's a ground problem but there hasn't been so I'm a bit confused any solutions?

I also have tried to hook up after-market subwoofer and amplifier with no luck. I go through the whole process I believe I'm wearing correctly. RCA, cords, all the wires are run under the trim on the correct sides the amp turns on but no music I checked all the cords wires and all the above and now luck . I do not understand why cannot get music out of speakers or subwoofer. What am I doing wrong?

Back