97' Mountaineer with '01 Excursion seats? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97' Mountaineer with '01 Excursion seats?

welle417

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' - 5.0 - Mountaineer
Howdy gents,

I am up here in Anchorage about to buy some front 01 Excursion Limited seats for my 97 Mountaineer. I know they're a little big, but not having a tape measuring device or the tools to take out my passenger side to test it out - does anybody know if they will fit? (possibly minus the armrest) I am hoping somebody might help me out with measurements I cannt presently find...

I know this isn't a true 911; but I would really appreciate any quick help

In case you were wondering...

Just to follow up for any of those interested... YES the '01 Excursion Limited Captain's seats do fit the 97' Mountaineer. The base from the Mountaineer stock seats carry over except the bolt holes line up front to back, not width wise however. I am going to solve this with a drill and some bolts. The seat motors still accomplish everything fine, i did remove the armrest of the Excursion seat because it was annoying... I am currently working on the passenger side wiring the heated seat in and the bolt hole drilling... pics and thread to follow, if anyone is interested, reply below or ask questions. - They look nice and are comfortable! I got a hold of them for under 200 bucks, usually those seats go for 2-400 a piece...

you should post some pictures

Back