97 parts for 2000??? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

97 parts for 2000???

justinius7

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonds, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2k XLT
MY FIRST POST on explorer forums... i used to be a part of another forum 1000+ posts a few years back, but it was with MBworld.

I have a GOLD 2000 XLT... i purchased a few weeks ago for 1,800 off CL... damaged.

Needs a FRONT LEFT FENDER and a FRONT LEFT DOOR... has minor dents in both... (and a big scratch that goes all the way to the rear) as well as Front End Suspensio - ball joints, rods, etc (1k+ worth of work at local shop)

I also found a GOLD Explorer 1997 (non eddie) $75 each... i did a search on this forum, and I see that there may have been a change in 1998? What is the diff between 1st Gen and 2nd Gen (i am assuming 91-94 is first and 95-01 is second?)

So my question is... will a 1997 parts (body and suspension) fit/work interchange? Are the GOLDS the same color?

any input is greatly appreciated!

justinius7

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonds, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2k XLT
Bump for the NB...

does anyone know if pre-98 and post 98 parts are interchangable??? body and steering???

Thanks!

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
Hello...

There were no major suspension changes from 1995 to 2001.

But there were minor body changes starting in 1998, going to 2001.

Doing a quick search on www.car-part.com I found at least a dozen or so in King & Snohomish County

Ryan

justinius7

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonds, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2k XLT
Thanks for the reply... WOW, never seen that site before... I have the XLT, but i dont think i have "the lip"? or are they speaking of something different??? When i think of the lip... i think of the big plastic peice on the Eddie's... is that the lip? or is there a different curve?