97 sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 sport

i bought my 97 sport with intentions on driving it through the winter and buying a 97 bmw 540I in the spring. well, curiousity killed that dream!

here it is when i bought it:

sas'd with leafs

rusted parts from 78 bronco

sandblasted parts

12k HID's

sas'd with coils and 5% tinted windows

bye bye 4.0

hello 5.0

true dual exhaust 4" tips, 40 series flowmasters, no cats

custom sub box

new plans

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here's a mud pic

Oh looking good. Send me the full resolution pic to jbburns75@yahoo.com to be included in a video picture deal for EF. Along with other pic of your explorer.

That is what i could get mine to look like. In the first picture what was used to lift it?

When I was talking with a place in town here about installing them they say they dont make a kit for explorers. I know they do custom work there but they cant install a body lift. I dont have to time or the know how to install them.

Use the kit for a ranger, I think it's PA 883, might want to search the site to find out. You will need to make your own bumper brackets, there are dimensioned pictures on the site to help if you search for them.

PA 853 for 1995-1997.

The PA 883 is for 1998 & up.

The reason being 1995-1997 have a different style steering shaft.

Nice lookin' "on-going project" just like most Explorer owners once they begin:)...welcome to the forum...loads of info here to be used, lots of experts, lots of 'how-to' pages......., etc., etc. :)

thanks for the welcome but i've been here for about 2 years now haha.

-the original pic was 3" PA body lift and 2" shackles with TT. anyone who can turn a wrench and visit this forum can install a body lift! it's very easy and if you have any questions, fell free to ask. just watch the brakelines when you lift it, and be sure to to disconnect your steering shaft. Also, use the search there is tons of info on body lifts!

.....unless you were talking about 97redsport

.....unless you were talking about 97redsport

yeah I got the tools and I know and now how to turn a wrench buddy. I dont have a place to do it my yard is gravel. No one I know has a garage and I dont have a lift or any way to lift the dam body off the frame to put the pucks in..

pucks? are you going to use hockey pucks? i did mine in my gravel driveway on my old explorer, i just used cyinder blocks and a piece of plywood for the jack to sit on. your body doesn't weigh that much so you can jack it up pretty easily. if you have the determination, you'll get it done. a garage with the proper tools always makes things easier but it isn't a necessity for this job.

what was the total of money u spent

on the truck so far? on the bodylift/tt? on the suspenion swap? please be more specific.

how big were the tires in that 1st pic?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha people seem to be more interested in the before instead of the after!

PRS-31x11.50.x15 were in the first pic...i belive the guy i sold the rims and tires to wanting to sell them

97sportfl- $3000 for the truck $3000 for the motor and about $1500 in suspension...around $7500 to $8000 total. i havn't made much back from selling parts

Back