97 Ultimate SAS V8 Sport Build. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Ultimate SAS V8 Sport Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will sell for the right price :)

I have most of my parts gathered. the build is about to begin

92 Explorer Sport Frame
97 Explorer Sport Body
98 Explorer 5.0
TMH headers
5spd
4406 manual
Wanted this stuff, but decided was overkill, went with D44 and 8.8 scroll down for details.

79 Ford Kingpin 60, welded on wedges, 5.38 gears, aftermarket shafts
60 rear, disk brake conversion, shafts, 5.38 gears
Custom Longarms
42-14-16 Swamper Iroks on 16x10 TR beadlocks
Unsure how much lift I'm gunna try to go with, I would like to keep it fairly low for stability, but dont want to trim fenders to to mcuh, but prolly will have to.

Will for sure have 3in body lift
6inches of suspenison, but might go for another 4 inches of suspension with rear lift springs. ..... not sure yet

This thing is gunna be big can't wait!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update,

verified I will need to run a rear mounted tank, clearance issues with 4406 and stock tank.
I had a b2 tank but was damaged, did some research on here and found another member Wickedwindsor did a rear mount tank with 91 E150 tank. Which has great clearance. I think. :)

Basically making a note to myself in this thread on things i need to do this.
91 E-150 Tank 33 1/2 x 23 1/2 x 11 1/8 $$140 Part # STP F15D, Spectra tanks
Straps -STP ST29 $24
Explorer fuel pump works??
Fuel line extensions
Napa Part # Bk 7304931 3/8 x12 metal fuel line $14
Napa Part # Bk 7304930 5/16 x12 metal fuel line $14
Flexible fuel line, that hooks 3/8 both ends ?
Flexible fuel line, that hooks 5/16 both ends ?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

wanting to know if you took any pictures of the front drive shaft yet. wanting to see how your bolting it on to the 4406 shaft like the other night in chat. have a front shaft from a first get, and the flanges are totally different.

I didnt get pics, but promise I will this coming weekend.
The front driveshaft I'm using is, an Explorer Sport rear driveshaft that has double cardan joint. Then I shortened it about 2 inches and running a conversion joint, to the pumpkin a 1310/1330. Part # 353. Progress is gunna really boogie!!! Come thursday if I sell my truck, which is my dailey driver and no other wheels...... till this is done..

Over the weekend I built the upper mount for my rear dual shock setup. Picked up fuel tank. Completed and bolted in my tranny crossmember mount. My goal, is 3 weeks running and driving. Then finish up little touches.

Do you have any pictures of the Motor mounts and the clearance of the pan and the 5.0? Which motor mounts did you use? James Duff as well?

I used L&L motor mounts. Stock oil pan that was on the 98 5.0 motor. I will try to get pics when I'm back home. It is tight but, all clears. Now when it was on a TTB setup i had to trim part of the James duff drop bracket, and put small dent in the oil pan, to clear a bolt. With the SAS no issues like that.

003-23.jpg

006-22.jpg

007-25.jpg

Yes its not level :( LOL hoping after rear stuff all done, new springs will sag a little more also. If not might redo rear shackles and lower the rear some, that or I have to lift the front. I like the height the front is at thoe, so will likley lower rer to match once I know it has settled in..

Looking great really digging the project.

Saweet, been awaiting to see the body on the frame :)

Thanks. Im exited about it, and have to get it done. I dont have a vehicle to drive right now..... Sold all my others, to cold yet to just ride my motorcycle..

Just ordered my extended brake lines, pretty much have everything else to finish, just need more time to work on it!!

WOW that looks great cant wait to get started on mines

Thanks guys, I cant wait to get back home to the shop tommorow afternoon, to make some more progress, goal, is to get body bolted down, steering shaft hooked up, clutch pedal installed, clutch bled, start on wiring. Start on brakes. O my so much to do....

now this i LIKE! even more if the front tires can come off the ground with a stomp of the right foot!!!!

If anyone wants to come finish this for me so I can take it to SMORR I would appreciate it LOL> :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back