• Register Today It's free!

97 X wiring

Canadian X

Reaction score
City, State
Courtenay, B.C. Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
I need some help getting a wiring diagram for my 97 X 4.0 sohc 4x4 transfer case or some sudjestions on it. It is stuck part way in 4x4 the only way I can drive it is to unplug the wiring harrness to the transfer case motor and it works fine but the snow has come and it sucks having to climb under it to plug it back in evertime I need 4x4.

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not much help, but, Iv'e got the Ford CD Service manual for the 97X which has all the elec info you want. Problem is I don't seem to be able to copy the wiring diagrams from the screen to the clipboard. if I can find out how I'll send you the schematics.
Cheers - Jerry

If you're running XP just hit the "Print Screen" button and paste in into Microsoft Paint. Crop and upload it that way.

Yep Yep, it works. I'm just a little slow. I tried all kinds of copy and paste but not the XP print screen key. Thanks. Will now see if Canadian X still needs.
Jerry

Yes I still need it. Thanks very much griggs.

OK, send me an email address to send the schematics to. Now I am guessing that you need the wiring diag that show the Control Trac 4 X 4 shift motor, dash Switch, GEM etc. My email is "griggs@centurytel.net" . I'll try to get the diag (as JPEG images) to you Sunday afternoon.
r/Jerry

Back