blueka

Elite Pickler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 UK XLT, 99 Sport V8,
Trouble's living up to her name again...

When going uphill, she will stutter, it's kinda like a rough idle... but it's only when she's been running for a while and going uphill...

I just put a new fuel filter on her... because of this problem... and it appears to have made no difference..

I've scanned it quite a few times and there is no codes at all....

Any suggestions?

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That , and-or, spark plugs. Especially if it is an under load mis at about 2000 rpm's

I suspect a bad plug though. Take them out and keep them in order. Look for one with an unusual color--also look for a hairline crack right at the electrode insulator. If you want, post pics of the plug tips.

HOLY CAMEL MAN! That is a full crap load of postings!

Also, if the truck has aftermarket plug wires on it... like Duracrap or whatever the house brand is at your local "Did it myself" auto parts store... YANK 'EM! They are nothing but trouble!

I have cheaped put a couple of times when money was thin and used those. TWO of those times, I had the same problem straight out of the box! Repeat after me... "Motorcraft"... That's what it was made with, that's what should be on there... Of course, there are other brands ouot there that will work fine, but they are NOT the $19.95 variety!

I'm going to have to wait a few weeks till I get some cash together... xmas has bankrupted me...

I was thinking plugs, it's been a year since we last did them...

Si

Hey Si
When it's struggling up hil is is just after you have had dinner???? :D

Back