97 XLT fog lights!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 XLT fog lights!!

Does anyone know how to convert the 97 model fog lights to come on with the park lamps as well as the high beams ?? As you know they only come on with the high beams on. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Use the search feature, there are several write ups about it.

Thanks Hartman , i found one which explains how to do it, but still one problem. I dont know if the American version is different to the Australian version , but on mine, the fog lights are wired to come on with high beams only, pretty useless if you ask me, but there is no switch for them inside the cabin?? They are wired up exactly like driving lights. Any help with this??

I would say the easiest way would be to buy some wire and a relay and rewire the lights to come on & stay on with the parking lights. Or you could also put in a switch if you like.
Dead Link Removed
But if you dont want them off just dont put a switch in.

Heys,
Never miind about my fog lights. I've since learned from Ford that the fog lights that come on the Australian version , are infact driving lights (crikey's!!). Really smart i reckon , putting driving lights down low which aim at the ground, nice one Ford. :rolleyes: Anyways, the only way for me to make them fog lights is to install aftermarket ones that are the same size and re-wire the whole thing. Thanks for all your inputs though , has helped me out. :p

Hmmmm...

I have a 97 XLT and my driving/fog lights come OFF when I turn on the high beams. Exact opposite of yours... what's up with that?:(

Re: Hmmmm...

Originally posted by X-factor
I have a 97 XLT and my driving/fog lights come OFF when I turn on the high beams. Exact opposite of yours... what's up with that?:(

He's in Australia where his driving lights come on with his high beams. You're in the U.S. where your fog lamps go off when you switch to high beams. This can be fixed, however:

Dead Link Removed

Enjoy.

Back