98-01 Mountaineer Headlight? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98-01 Mountaineer Headlight?

:dunno: I have a 98 Explorer Sport.... I don't really like the stock headlights, and am looking at a retrofit later down the road. What I am trying to find out is if the if the Mountaineer headlights 98-01 fit? I like the two piece on those a lot better and would love to do my retrofit in one of them, just trying to see if that will work before buying things that don't. Thanks for the help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Mountaineer headlights from those years are literally 'flipped' from the Explorers. Ie. 'upside down.' They will most likely not fit without other modification ie. much of the front end.

You need

Mountaineer header panel
Grill
Headlights
Corner lights

Easy bolt in. The Mounty lights are not " flipped over" Explorer lights.

You need

Mountaineer header panel
Grill
Headlights
Corner lights

Thanks that's what I thought, that I would need the front clip from a mountaineer to go with the headlights. Thank you for the info, will have to check the junk yards around here, or just go with the retrofit in the stock lights. Thanks again.

Yes, I know. I was simplifying it. The overall shape is flipped, but they are quite different.

Back