'98/'99 EB/Limited Mirror memory question | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

'98/'99 EB/Limited Mirror memory question

Thallarsen

Reaction score
City, State
Potomac, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 5.0 Limited AWD
My buddy has mirror memory in his '98 Limited. My '99 doesn't (both have driver's seat memory). At first I thought that it simply wasn't working, but then I found no reference to it in the manual.
Does anybody with a '99+ have mirror memory? If not, why did Ford do away with this?
Is there a module that the '99 can take to add mirror memory?
My wife & I are now sharing the Exp. regularly. She scoots her seat waaaay up, and messes my mirror settings up every time that she takes the wheel.

spotdog14

Reaction score
City, State
East Lansing, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
i always thought that would be an awsome feature! it is also lacking in my 95 limited, and 05 F-150 Lariat.

My girlfriend does the same exact thing, its really strange because we are about the same height, i dont understand why she get so close to the wheel.... lol.

slpdave

Reaction score
City, State
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
I have a 2000 XLT no mirror memory or memory of any kind (other than the radio and error codes) my wife is considerably shorter than I so I have to readjust every time she drives the X. just one of the small prices we pay as Married or otherwise Attached men.

David